Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ott Light rechargeable lamps >

Ott Light rechargeable lamps

Ott Light rechargeable lamps

Old 02-18-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Ott Light rechargeable lamps

Have any of you ever bought an Ott Light that can be charged? I have one and although I was able to charge it in the beginning, it will not take a charge anymore. I had bought an extra one for a gift and the recipient says hers will not charge at all, even new.
It's this model https://products.ottlite.com/p-51-re...task-lamp.aspx

I've searched for replacement batteries (if that's possible) but can only find replacement bulbs.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:26 PM

I have had a lot of trouble with Ott Lights to hang on my bed for reading. The "clicker" get stuck all the time. I have told them on their site, but no response.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 AM

I am also very disappointed in Ott lights because I can't find replacement bulbs for my floor lamp. Bought it at Joann's, but they never have replacement bulbs for it. I have watched for them there for over a year. It's a very specialized bulb with a unique base.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I am also very disappointed in Ott lights because I can't find replacement bulbs for my floor lamp. Bought it at Joann's, but they never have replacement bulbs for it. I have watched for them there for over a year. It's a very specialized bulb with a unique base.
Believe it or not...I have a floor ott lite...took it to menards..replacement $3.99!
Old 02-20-2018, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
Have any of you ever bought an Ott Light that can be charged? I have one and although I was able to charge it in the beginning, it will not take a charge anymore. I had bought an extra one for a gift and the recipient says hers will not charge at all, even new.
It's this model https://products.ottlite.com/p-51-re...task-lamp.aspx

I've searched for replacement batteries (if that's possible) but can only find replacement bulbs.

I have heard that when your Ott light burns out, you have to plan on buying a new Ott light as there's no replacement bulb to be found for your model. I have had my floor model for over 10 years, and got it with a 40% off coupon, and its still going strong. So guess I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:28 PM

We don't have a Menard's around here, but thanks for the idea, Geri. maybe I can find someplace to take it.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:31 AM

I also have an Ott light, actually three of them. And my rechargeable one will not charge and have tried to find a replacement bulb for it and cannot get one at Joanns because they don't carry them for mine. My floor light gets so hot when plugged in it shuts off. So I don't think I will be purchasing any more of them in the future.I will have to find another brand because the I really do like the bright light on my work.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:03 AM

You can get replacement bulbs at Hobby Lobby but they are not the Ott light brand, they start with a "V" but right now I can't think of their name.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Thanks, Tiggersmom, I'll check out HL. We have one about 45 minutes away from here.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:41 PM

I bought a rechargeable OTT light at Value Village. You have to move the switch over and unplug it to work off the battery. I just leave it plugged in and use it on house power.