Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our Joann's is CLOSING! :( >

Our Joann's is CLOSING! :(

Our Joann's is CLOSING! :(

Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by mudsprite
I have a question, what new ownership? I thought they were all corporate stores. Do you mean all Joann stores were sold?

I must be seriously out of touch, faint, fall to floor!
I think it was sometime last year. The company that bought them owns J Crew, Petco, Whole Foods and a few other businesses. I can't remember the parent company's name.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by oldbalt99
I understand where you are coming from. Years ago the only shop that sold needlepoint canvas closed. It took me months to find something else to do with my upstairs time. Now would be a good time to look around online for a siutable replacement. By the way, I don't know what Walmart is like where you live but the three I frequent only sell Schmetz needles, all sizes. And as for Gutermann threads, I bought some from Joann's, and reluctantly paid the price because I couldn't get to a Walmart. On the spool I read 'made in mexico'. The same thing can now be said about coats and clarks. In looking for quality don't assume one name brand is superior over the other.
I'm really sorry you are going to be put under the stress looking for another store is going to give you.
The Walmart here only sells Singer. I asked them tonight if they could order Schmetz and she said no, then I don't know, then I don't think so. And she was the person who worked in the craft department. I contacted the manager a while back about something else and they said they would not order it unless enough people asked. Maybe if they ever sell fabric they'd be willing to sell a bigger variety of notions but they even closed out all the kits and fat quarters and a few machines.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a "lose-lose" situation to me. There's gonna be a lot of ladies (and gents) protesting that one!