Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Our wal-mart is losing fabric :(

I just talked to the fabric lady tonight and it's official. They will be remodeling Feb/Mar and the fabric will be gone. :cry: I hope I can find a little $$ to stock up before then! Some of it is horrible, but some of it is very nice...

i worked on the remodel crew and it is our understanding that all fabric depts will go out with the new remodel within the next 5 years

it might be a little scary, but you can still find some great bargains online. please don't despair.

Quote Originally Posted by sewwhat85
    i worked on the remodel crew and it is our understanding that all fabric depts will go out with the new remodel within the next 5 years

Not here! They remodeled a couple of years ago and we still have fabric, plus they're getting more. It's over stocked.

Our also in Summerville and Charleston, SC. Oh, Tuesy, where are you located that yours aren't closing?

Blog Entries
    We are getting ours back and upgraded. Complain to the home office in Arkansas. I did, (And many others on here) and it worked!

Blog Entries
    Ours doesn't have fabric anymore. They closed around october because they put up a new supercenter, but they quit having fabric a few months before that. Now they have fat quarters only.

Several of the remodeled stores still carry fabric it is just precut for fun projects ... No ideal for quilters but still fun :)

I am sorry for your loss though ...

a regular here
    Our local store remolded 2 yrs. ago and we still have a fabric department, not as big as before but still there.

Blog Entries
    They remolded ours too...we still have a fairly good size fabric area but not a big as it use to be. When ever I go there is only one or two customers there...when I go to Joanne's which is right down the street its packed. The local quilting shops also always have more people shopping for fabric than in Walmart. I like how they have fabric to help other shops keep their prices reasonable.

Blog Entries
    Our fabric dept in Goose Creek SC is still up and running..I hope it continues..

Ours is going out too!

I found out this week that ours is going in June or July.

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear this :(

Just before our Walmart closed their fabric section, they put all of the fabric on huge discount. Try to find out when they are actually closing and go then. You can really stock up and save a ton of money.

Our Walmart has also remodled and taken the fabric out. But, a quilter said that enough quilters have contacted Walmart and were told due to all the response, material will be put back in the store. We'll see!! Store in Rockdale, Texas sti has fabric. My sister in law works there and said they are sell so much fabric.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our local Walmart lost it's fabric about 2 years ago. Haven't heard if they'll be getting it back or not, but doesn't seem like they will. :(

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our local Walmart lost it's fabric about 2 years ago. Haven't heard if they'll be getting it back or not, but doesn't seem like they will. :(

We lost the fabric centers at 2 local Walmarts in the past 18 months............. Thank God for the discount racks at Joann's!!!

OOPS!

hi all
    that is what i"m told here in arkansas wal-mart is not putting there fabric back on the shelf i"m so glad i have a fabric store where i can buy my material also my batting on a large roll
    louise from arkansas

I live in AZ and our walmart remodeled and kept a fabric dept. It is far smaller then we had, one aisle both sides and some barrells with bolts or other fabrics. We have a cutting table, but, I notice more fabric that would be used for kids patterns. Ours was probably kept because there is no real place to get fabric other then to travel 50 miles or more and we have both a school (home economics) and a reservation that buy lots of fabric from walmart.
    I also just returned from our holiday travels, visiting family and Tyler, Texas Walmart still has fabric as does Brownfield, TX

Our Walmart in Cairo, Georgia is closing out the fabric department :( Fabric tomorrow is reduced to 75% off. Guess where I will be tomorrow morning?

Ours is remodeled and has fabric....not very much, but at least it kept it.

The one in Oldsmar, FL (close to Clearwater, FL) is going out of fabric right now. It was 50% off last week and will be 70% off this week. I was picky last week and bought the best stuff because they sell out fast at 70% off and I wanted to stock up on tone on tones that were a nice weight and not take a chance to miss out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast