Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our Walmart Has Fabric Back >

Our Walmart Has Fabric Back

Our Walmart Has Fabric Back

Old 10-28-2010, 05:36 AM

I work for Wal-Mart.....and sure there are things I do not agree with them on...but they do CARE for their customers and employees. Yes their prices have gone up... but have you compared them to other so called discount stores (who have never carried fabric, do you avoid them because they don't)..W/M is still cheaper.... every retail store has raised prices. They admit they made some mistakes by deleteing items from their shelves...BUT they are in the process of correcting these mistakes. Which can not be done over night. Wal-mart hires a lot of people....how many companies have went out of business and put many families out of work.....Do you know how many millions of dollars they donate to charities, both locally and nationaly? WE LIVE IN AMERICA AND HAVE A CHOICE TO SHOP WHERE WE WANT.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM

I agree with you, I use to stop on my way home from work to shop in the fabric dept and then other parts of the store as well. Since they have deleted the fabric in the local wal mart I only shop there about every 2 or 3 months and only for limited items.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 AM

EXACTLY and I choose somewhere else other than Wal Mart.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
. . ..how many companies have went out of business and put many families out of work.....
How many of these are as a result of Wal*Mart?

Originally Posted by sally's girl
Do you know how many millions of dollars they donate to charities, both locally and nationaly?
This is a good thing - its out of their profits, which came out of our pockets - and they get a tax write-off - I should think they should give something back.

Don't get me wrong, I do shop at Wal*Mart, but when they closed our fabric department in Arizona, I found no compelling reason to go there anymore.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:00 AM

I guess my beef with Walmart is they USE to pride themselves on carrying American Made stuff. Ha. Now go in there and find something American Made. :evil:
Old 10-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Our store in Show Low, AZ still does and always has had fabric. Not as much. They cut down a whole large area they once had to one aisle. We have a cutting table and someone to cut. There is some fabric still plastic wrapped.
The main aisle of the store at my last visit, had containers of fabric. Some in the one was $3.96 yd, some $4.88. There was another with some really nice cotton for 3.00 yd, still wrapped in plastic, but about 12 bolts all the same fabric. There is other fabric too, but, not worthy of mention. There is thread, needles, scissors. NO FATS! ( could not sell them too well) so I have been told. They put the wedding supply stuff in one small area (that is not selling well at all). The barrels I mention were in the main walk way, stretching from the paint dept to the electronics dept. I would say we have more fabric then we did, now, just need to make the dept bigger. Sign over our fabric dept says FABRIC and NOTIONS. ( It did not say that the time before). I am thrilled if they make our dept a bit bigger. We drive over an hour to get to our store one way.
I have been buying on line alot, and buying at Joann's when we visited the kids back right before x mas