Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
out bid on E-bay >

out bid on E-bay

out bid on E-bay

Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 AM

It could be. But if there is something that I really want on Ebay I will wait until the last 30 seconds to put in a bid. If I am the current highest bidder in the last 30 seconds I will put in my top dollar that I am willing to pay.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

I've had a lot of success with Auctionsniper and use it on almost everything I'm interested in winning. If I REALLY want it...I'll put in some ridiculously high amount just to make sure. I've found it to be safe...never had a problem with it.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'll put in some ridiculously high amount just to make sure.
Ah, a nuclear bid.
This is a successful tactic.
Sometimes.
Unless another sniper also puts in a ridiculously high amount.
Then.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
thermonuclear bidding!

Been on both sides of that. All you can do is laugh. And pay up.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by countrycottage
I usually just put in my top bid and let it go. I DON"T trust my memory. I've been know to wait til the last few hours to bid, then forget about it and lose to someone with a bid lower that I was willing to pay.
Agree...there will always be more to bid on later.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 AM

I have found that I need toput in my upper most bid for something and just wait to see if I got the item. I get caught up in bidding war and spend more than I would if not caught up in the competition of bidding if I did not make the highest bid and walk away. Do not be the first bidder when you put in your top bid. Take care.
Linda
Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 AM

I just put the maximum I want to spend when I bid on Ebay and my bids will go up automatically to my limit as other bids are placed. If someone snipes me it's because they bid more than I was willing to spend, simple as that.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 AM

When you set your highest price that you are willing to pay the website does it for you. Of course they do it for other bidders too.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 AM

I find that the best way to avoid stress with bidding on EBay is to put in the highest amount I am willing to pay and let it run. EBay will NOT charge you more than the amount of when you are the highest bidder if you win. You don't have to worry, i.e., if you bid $25 and the bidding ends with your winning bid at $12. You will get it for $12. I like to sit back and wait til I see the email that tells me whether I won or lost and I have no stress that way. It is in the hands of The Almighty if I am to get it.

Originally Posted by peppermint
I was reading on the board regarding bidding on E-bay. There was a web site that bids for you and I don't remember the name. If there is, how safe is it.
I was watching a sewing machine and it was down to the last min and all of a sudden there was another bid. I was wondering if they had help from the web site.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 AM

because it is a auction, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose....just put in what you are willing to pay, and see what happens......i have beat out the 'snipes' bid several time coz i put in the higher amount from the beginning....
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 AM

I use ezsniper and have been very pleased with it. You sign up, put a deposit in with a credit card, then enter the listing number and your high bid. If you lose, you don't have any charge, if you win it is a very small amount - depending on the total. I've used it for probably 4 years with no problem. Having your bid put in at the very last second is convenient as the other posters have said. When you put in your bid early, others can see it and outbid you. With the sniping, no one else knows what you are willing to pay. If the bidding doesn't go near your high price, you only pay the minimum bid above the last one. Hope that is clear! Judith