Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Out of Curiosity..... >

Out of Curiosity.....

Out of Curiosity.....

Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Dear Quilters,

I am not a quilter:

As experienced quilters, I hope you can give me your thoughts and feelings about the following.

I wanted to ask if it is completely tactless and inappropriate to give a Turkey Tracks Quilt as a wedding gift, request a special time to present this gift at the rehearsal dinner then tell the bride and groom in front of all the wedding party and their families “the man that lies beneath this will wander and it is the bride’s job to keep him from wandering”.

My daughter was given a beautiful turkey tracks quilt then told the above, she was so embarrassed. I felt the quilt was cursed by this comment.

I am just interested in the opinion of the quilting community.

Thank you so much for your time.

Terri AuFrance
Toledo, Ohio
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Darlene
I have a simple backup that comes on once a week to see if I want a backup which I always do. But I still don't know what it is backing up except pictures. Mine is called Bounceback.

I love that idea right now I don't save a lot of things, just keep them on bookmark or read later because I'm on dial up and it doesn't take much to slow this thing down!

dotski, also want to check into the flash drive!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator

well, the gift of the quilt is obviously a great one.

telling a modern bride that it's her job to keep hubby from "wandering" - as if he has no personal responsibility in the matter - is worse than tacky. it's downright dangerous! :lol: :shock: :roll:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
well, the gift of the quilt is obviously a great one.

telling a modern bride that it's her job to keep hubby from "wandering" - as if he has no personal responsibility in the matter - is worse than tacky. it's downright dangerous! :lol: :shock: :roll:
I'm with you Patrice!!!
Isn't that like giving him the freedom to try....and she is supposed to run around and stop him??? Not an appropriate, as far as I am concerned!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Patrice,
Thank you for the wonderful explanation!!! :D :D :D Not once did I hear "gobblygook" while reading it!!! I love how you explained it in a manner that we all can "get" Thanks again for taking the time to do this for us!!! 8) 8) 8)
You should write a computer book, you would become a millionaire!!! I volunteer to be your biggest supporter!!! :D :D :D I will stand outside computer stores and quilt shops, arms full of your books...selling them like hotcakes!!!! All ofcourse.....for a very small percentage of the sales :wink:
I will defrag before my brother gets here....hopefully not only will it help...but I may just even amaze him a little :wink: 8) 8)
Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator

thanks for the wonderful compliment. :-)

Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Patrice and Amma,

Thank you for your reply to my odd question. The gift was given by by my daughters Step-Grandmother (Dads side). I am going to conftont her. But, since I know nothing about quilting, I wanted to make sure that it is not a common pattern given to brides. Thou I couldn't see who would want that curse.

Thanks again, happy quilting to you both. I may someday get into it.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:07 PM

If you're using a desktop computer and not a laptop, just have your brother install another hard drive for you. You can get a very large one (1 Terabyte) for about $100. For those non-computer geeks, 1 Terabyte = approx. 1,000 Gigabytes. Most modern desktops come with a 200 Gigabyte hard drive. This would be 5 times the size of the original.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:49 AM

now that is a good idea, think I will do that.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:51 AM

thanks for the info, downloading cutepdf now! Love learning new things.