Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Oval Yo Yo Maker

Blog Entries

Oval Yo Yo Maker

I'm making a baby quilt that uses yo yo's for the shapes of the animal bodies. The directions call for 3 sizes of oval yo yo's. I have googled, went onto Nancy's Notions and can not find these. I'm assuming they are no longer made. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    amazon has some oval yo yo makers. esty sells some too.

just googled that as I hadn't even heard of oval ones... there seems to be some on amazon, but I didn't check through. I have so many of the circles, hearts and whatever.... used for one retreat project... and there they sit.... I should see if I could find some fun projects for them

Blog Entries
    Shoot, I just went back onto Amazon and Etsy - I am not finding OVAL - many round and other various shapes. Has anyone just cut an oval, tucked under the edges, then running stitch and pull? I may resort to experimenting with that.

found this https://www.amazon.com/Clover-Quick-.../dp/B00382QS3K to bad it's Currently unavailable I never heard of the oval either............
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

I found a set of both the large and small on e-bay. I have both sizes and was curious about them being so hard to find. A while back I discovered that old or older discontinued sewing/quilting items can be found on ebay. Never had a problem with buying on ebay, although I do use paypal. The makers do make oval yo yo's very easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yo-Yo-Maker...kVnu:rk:5:pf:0

The Clover yo yo makers were popular about twelve years ago. I bought one of each size and shape as they went on sale. The large oval is my favorite! It makes a big yo yo which looks great as flower petals. If you find one buy it, it is a fun tool to have.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.