Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pacific Rim Quilt Co. Applique Quilts >

Pacific Rim Quilt Co. Applique Quilts

Pacific Rim Quilt Co. Applique Quilts

Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM

Default Herd of Turtles

Originally Posted by momski View Post
I am in love with the Herd of Turtles Applique Quilt sold by PRQC. Has anyone ever done one of these? If so, how difficult did you find the pattern?

http://www.prqc.com/fabric_packs.htm#Herd-Turtles
I just finished this project using needle turn method. I used a dark batik for the top fabric which made it very difficult to mark. Fortunately I had a Fons & Porter mechanical white marking pencil with a very fine lead. If my fabric was lighter I would have used a Frixion pen.
I loved doing this so much! I couldn't stop even through a migraine headache which lasted 3 days. I'm sorry the applique part is finished. I'm thinking about doing the seahorse next
Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM

I have been wanting to try this kind of applique. I enjoy hand quilting and things but I have been disappointed with regular applique. I LOVE the Peacock one. Oh my . . . . such a slippery slope!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:00 PM

I took Nancy's class online from Academy of Quilting (Quilter University) and was definitely worth it, have also talked to her at quilt shows and watched her demonstration of applique. Her DVDs about applique and Hawaiian quilts are both very good. I was able to find them at the library viewed them before and during the online class. I have the Hummingbird applique that I bought as a kit at the Quilter's Anonymous show in Monroe and will probably but the turtles one of these days. Love Nancy and her sister Janice and all their patterns.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM

if you ever get a chance to attend one of her in-person workshops, do so. she goes through everything one step at a time and makes sure you understand and can do it before she goes on. I have had the pleasure of attending a workshop, and felt there will never be enough time to spend with her. you do come out knowing what to do, but feel that the time was not long enough.....