Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah? need help >

Paducah? need help

Paducah? need help

Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 AM

GO

Simple - not complicated decision!

I could quote every person on here but my favorite one was Tartan - "MAID SERVICE. Need I say more?"

GO GO GO!!!!

BUT if you go - and you should - you must report back to us about the time you spent there! We who are not able to go will need to live vicariously through you!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Well, look at it this way: If DH's company is paying for the hotel, you're really saving a lot of money to go someplace you wanted to go. If you go at some future time, you'll have to pay for the hotel, too. If you go now, you've saved a lot on the hotel, so you have extra to spend. ;)
What she said
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM

If you took quilting out of Paducah (fat chance) it would be a great place to vacation, sweeeet city! I love to get in the car and go, enjoy the trip, and make sure to check your quilting maps for shops on the way to and from, have a great time.....Ninepatch!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM

i would hurry up and make sure that Flu bug is outa my system and go !!!!! can you take a train or bus there and ride back with hubby ? or find a friend that would love to go also or someone going that way !!!!
i have been to quilt in a day and i spent over a hour just buying fabric im sure you could make a day of it !!
if you have to drive maybe you could rent a car to drive there and ride back with hubby !!!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
The quilting issues are a no-brainer. The nights in a company paid hotel, eating out, stress free meals, that's called Keeping the Romance Alive in Your Marriage. Pack your prettiest nightie that you won't be sleeping in and GO. Remember when going to bed with him was the most exciting thing in the whole wide world? Rekindle, rekindle, rekindle.
Fake, Fake, Fake if you have to. He IS your MOST IMPORTANT PERSON and he has that laughable male ego. Go feed it!
ROFL love this one! I took my sewing machine with me on a trip with my DH & sewed ALL day in my hotel room! BUT in Paducah you have Hancocks, You have Eleanor Burns quilt shop, another quilt shop right across from the convention center (can't think of the name right now) plus there's hobby lobby........... go go go & don't look back! whatever there is to keep you home will be there when you get back! Plus you will be coming home with more fabric I'm sure! ;o}
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 AM

The quilting issues are a no-brainer. The nights in a company paid hotel, eating out, stress free meals, that's called Keeping the Romance Alive in Your Marriage. Pack your prettiest nightie that you won't be sleeping in and GO. Remember when going to bed with him was the most exciting thing in the whole wide world? Rekindle, rekindle, rekindle.
Fake, Fake, Fake if you have to. He IS your MOST IMPORTANT PERSON and he has that laughable male ego. Go feed it!
ROFL love this one! I took my sewing machine with me on a trip with my DH & sewed ALL day in my hotel room! BUT in Paducah you have Hancocks, You have Eleanor Burns quilt shop, another quilt shop right across from the convention center (can't think of the name right now) plus there's hobby lobby........... go go go & don't look back! whatever there is to keep you home will be there when you get back! Plus you will be coming home with more fabric I'm sure! ;o}
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 AM

I agree with TanyaL, free food, free room, maid service and you could always rent a car one-way and drive back with Hubby. Or, take a bus or train? I say go for it and have a great time!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Clear your calendar and go withyur DH. He'll enjoy the company.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Normally I would say go for it, but you are just getting over the flu and you will need stamina in Paducah....you'l hve to chart a map of all the quilt stores and museum...you'll have to go downtown for some history...I'd want a quilting buddy along if your husband won't be able to go along during the day...hmmm...guess I'd wait and plan the trip with a friend another time.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Sure glad to see your post, I was beginning to feel like a stick in the mud telling her the same thing. Sometimes its hard to play the smart kid on the block. LOL
Love your cute little doggie