Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paduka bound >

Paduka bound

Paduka bound

Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM

So you are coming in on Fri. I would do the vendors first as they will be selling out. Then the show quilts. Should not be too crowded then.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM

PaduCah is soooo much fun. I go every year. I live only an hour from Springfield.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM

Eleanor Burns isn't doing the tent show this year. She is doing the show at the warehouse and you need a ticket for the show. I would do the vendors first and then the quilts. You might not have enough time to do all of it with only half a day.

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
1/2 day you will only have time to see the quilts in the show. There is Eleanor Burns tent show and sale, Handcock's, mall vendors, museum, main quilt show and vendor, $5 quilt book warehouse, downtown Quilt in a Day, American Legion Hall quilt exhibit, historic downtown quilt shops. It would be hard to pick just one.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:01 PM

I'm local and Mom is one of the YoYo ladies at the Museum. I'd advise going to the main show first, then the vendor tent and then over to the Museum. Those are all within easy walking distance of each other and then you won't have to backtrack. Lots of endors are set up inside the show as well as the big tent. Eleanor Burns main store is just a couple blocks from there as well. Ask anything...I'll be able to answer it.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:52 PM

Have a wonderful time and be sure to let us know all about it when you get back!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
Make sure the bus driver know how to spell the city or you'll never find the right place on the map: Paducah.

Sorry carolstickelmaier, I couldn't resist! EVERYONE spells it incorrectly. And yes, I looked before I typed to make sure I was spelling it correctly. It is a funny spelling; like MY name!

LOL, I almost replied the same.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM

As I say each year---I'm sooo lucky to live an hour away from Paducah! My quilting friends and I have it down to a science - vendors first then old quilts at Rotary bldg. Second day quilts then Finkel bldg downtown for more vendors. We are lucky to live so close that we can go to Hancock's when we choose and also to the museum.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I would love to go but it's a LOOOONG journey from California!
Never have gone either. Love to go into Hancock of Paduach and say hi to the father and sons who run the fabric store !! Too far of a drive from California. I was lucky to be able to afford the airline ticket to get to Houston's Quilt Market TWICE!!