Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Panels >

Panels

Panels

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM

I love this one. It is very nice and cheerful!!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Power Poster

I love panels!!!!!!!!!!! I use them to make wall hangings, baby quilts, lap quilts, ect!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 AM

I use them alot!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
Here is the panel quilt I did for my son's bed this year. It will fit on his queen bed. Mine is pretty simple. I just used scrap Christmas fabric for the borders. I think I turned our great and my son is going to love it. I have a Santa panel on my frame now that I will be starting on today :D

Originally Posted by gump51
I have never used a panel in my quilts but so many of them catch my eye when I see them. I would love to know how some of you might use them. Quilts or wall hangings? Pictures would be great!
Oh...I'm a snowman person...love love love this one. And I think you are right...your son will love it too.

I'm using the Snow Babies panels from fabric.com and putting strips/border around each one and some of them I added small blocks at the end of the strips. I used the red and blue snowflake fabric that is part of the collection. The border is also from the collection...it is called border stripe. Sorry...don't know where hubby's camera is at and it's impossible to take much of a picture with this built in camera on my computer. I am using this as a wall hanging.

Here it is on their website.
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....9-fde121718216
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 AM

I like using panels for quick baby quilts. I usually buy a co-ordinating fabric when I buy the panel, and use it to border the panel (30x42 is just too small even for a baby quilt imho) If the price is right, I'll get enough of the co-ordinating fabric for the backing too. I'll usuall quilt around the objects in the panel picture and then quilt the border in a diamond or piano key shape.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by LindaM49
Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
Here is the panel quilt I did for my son's bed this year. It will fit on his queen bed. Mine is pretty simple. I just used scrap Christmas fabric for the borders. I think I turned our great and my son is going to love it. I have a Santa panel on my frame now that I will be starting on today :D

Originally Posted by gump51
I have never used a panel in my quilts but so many of them catch my eye when I see them. I would love to know how some of you might use them. Quilts or wall hangings? Pictures would be great!
Oh...I'm a snowman person...love love love this one. And I think you are right...your son will love it too.

I'm using the Snow Babies panels from fabric.com and putting strips/border around each one and some of them I added small blocks at the end of the strips. I used the red and blue snowflake fabric that is part of the collection. The border is also from the collection...it is called border stripe. Sorry...don't know where hubby's camera is at and it's impossible to take much of a picture with this built in camera on my computer. I am using this as a wall hanging.

Here it is on their website.
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....9-fde121718216
Oh I want that panel to make an attic windows quilt!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 AM

I love panels...I have bought quite a few....but have yet to do anything with them! I want to think of the "perfect" project....and that is sort of holding me back. Ugh.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 AM

That's the cutest quilt, I may have to make one.... :thumbup:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM

If you search panel quilt on here at the top you will get lots of ideas, I know I as well as others have asked this and there are lots of pics.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 AM

I also like to use panels as well, we were at marshalls in batesville arkansas and on the dollar table was enough material to make a little princess twin quilt with matching backing. and enough to also make a spiderman quilt, at a buck a yard couldnt go wrong, will put a picture on here when done