Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
panels >

panels

panels

Old 09-09-2019, 11:42 AM

I found a place that has wildlife panels, https://www.send-it-home.com/quilt-shop.htm. This is a nice place to shop if you are in the West Yellowstone area.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:03 PM

I was in that shop two years ago sue, am two weeks past it on this years journey
Thank you again ladies for the suggestions, I have two bookmarked to think on. I make such big complicated quilts I thought this winter I might try my hand at something simpler or at least a lot smaller. I have made a full size one block wonder about 10 years ago, and thought the panel idea was brilliant when I ran across it this spring.

Thank you Suzi for posting the link to samples, we are on the road for three months so I'm just in and out here. We are in Cortez Colorado this afternoon. We live in such a beautiful country.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:10 AM

update on my post of 6 weeks ago, finally home again home again jiggy jig!

I found what I wanted at Eleanor Burn's shop https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponli...&fabric_style=

looking forward to working on my project this winter, and it was fun to buy some fabric, I went on the wagon in 2001
Sharyn
Old 10-22-2019, 05:32 AM

Welcome back to Washington, it's fun to travel but there's just no place like home.

It's been interesting seeing the OBW/panel option.

I am rather panel challenged... usually all I do is use them as one side of a baby quilt. I recently got a nice one with deer in it that I'm thinking of doing the bowed window treatment and turning it to a twin or queen sized. Maybe applique a cat looking at the deer, I don't do much applique but that would be a good place to do it.

I have another one I just got at the thrift store, a really cool realistic ocean scene with a sea turtle and clown fish and it happens that I have a great piece with sea turtles on it, as well as clown fish and realistic rocks like around the edges of the print. Recently here on the board I saw something that I think will work for the back but I need to measure my top and work with some grid paper. I don't have anything prepared for quilting group today so maybe I will bring my pad and doodle.

Picture here, I would just do one half. Separating large panels of the sea turtle and clown fish with my slightly-more-teal-than-olfa-green bolt of fabric, would also frame the focus fabrics with the solid to make it easier to layer for quilting.

need the book or magazine
Old 10-22-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I need seven of them for a one block wonder project, 6 to cut up, one for the center.
I know we have some shop till you drop members here who can point me in the right direction ......
One of my favorite places to go when I need panels or novelty type fabrics is Bug fabrics - They have many pages - some of which might be appropriate for your project!

https://www.bugfabric.com/shop-for/p...l?limit=36&p=1
Old 10-22-2019, 12:43 PM

So while we are on the topic of panels, anyone have any opinions on the 36x45" panels -- is that good enough for a crib/baby quilt or should I add borders.

I really like the fish fabrics, they are working together!
Old 10-23-2019, 05:14 AM

​ ​Standard Quilt Sizes
Baby ​ 30" x 40" (very approximate)
Crib/Toddler 45" x 60" 36" x 52"

had to look it up, It has been a Long time since my friends were making babies