Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt as you go. >

Quilt as you go.

Quilt as you go.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:23 AM

Default Quilt as you go.

I would like to do a quilt as you go quilt. Can someone give me a link to a good/easy to understand tutorial or some advice on the best way to proceed with this. You all are so impressive with your beautiful quilts. I’m sorry I don’t compliment you all often enough. You quilters are my go to place for advice and the gals at my quilt retreats think I am a genius because I share so many of your ideas. So thank you for making me look good! Grammasharon
Old 10-20-2019, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

this video may be helpful as it says it is the first of several on the basics. there are soooo many different techniques. i'm sure many will chime in with their favorites and hints
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8kyurCw8-g
Old 10-20-2019, 05:01 AM

Thank you for asking this question. I have been interested also so will watch this thread for replies. There is a class tomorrow at the LQS. I'll share any tips I learn with you.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:39 AM

The Six Hour Quilt by Kaye Wood is the first one i tried many years ago and ended up teaching the method for my LQS. It actually is a good jumping off point to start and if you let your mind get creative you can apply the method with different variations to a lot of other things like tablerunners, etc. And no... the quilt wasnt exactly finished in 6 hours!
Old 10-20-2019, 05:47 AM

We have an excellent tutorial right here on the Board for QAYG. Just search for Quilt As You Go (QAYG) Tutorial by sewbizgirl. Lots of pictures and excellent explanation of how to do it.

I love using this method. This is the only way I make mine now.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Leah Day has one. I think I found it on Youtube.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

you can quilt as you go in blocks and sew those together with sashings, or rows or sections. sometimes you can sew things together without sashings. videos galore out there on this. Start slow and grow ! have fun!
Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 AM

Gosh, I don't know how to describe how I do a QAYG quilt. I will put together 6 blocks and sandwich them, quilt as I would any other quilt then do a border of blocks or just a plain border attaching it to the 6 block center I just quilted and just keep building the quilt. There are a number of tutorials available. I just kind of do my own thing. Sorry I am not to good at explaining how I do things. I love the process and plan on using it when ever possible for quilting projects.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

that is quilting in sections. http://www.frommarti.com/QIS.shtml
Old 10-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Gay

There are lots of videos on youtube, here

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+jenny+haskins

FREE Quilting Newsletter