Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paper piecing:shock: >

Paper piecing:shock:

Paper piecing:shock:

Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 AM

When I first started paper piecing, I got so mixed up. Had to do lots of taking out . The picture on my avatar is what I started with. I originally was going to have mariners compass all around the border but after making the first one, I decided "maybe just in the four corners". One of these dys I will try again. I think I just started out with too hard of a pattern.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 AM

Eddie, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in paper-piecing. One of the comments on this thread was using 'right brain/left brain'. For me that is like shifting gears from low to drive and there isn't much oil in the transmission. LOL!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 AM

Hey, Rita,
It can be done! I'm on an easy block too and it's my first one. Have you looked at the block of the month section? I started following along in March so I'm going back to work on January and February and the Feb block is paper pieced which is where I've started. Why don't you join in if you haven't and do it by hand too?
Andii
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 AM

Janice,
Your quilt is beautiful but I can't really see the corners. Could you show us a close-up or is there already one in another section?
Andii
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
When I first started paper piecing, I got so mixed up. Had to do lots of taking out . The picture on my avatar is what I started with. I originally was going to have mariners compass all around the border but after making the first one, I decided "maybe just in the four corners". One of these dys I will try again. I think I just started out with too hard of a pattern.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Carol Doak (aka The Queen of Paper Piecing) has a Yahoo Group with lots of free patterns. All the members are extremely helpful with any questions you may have. They have swaps and a Yours Truly Round Robin (YTRR) plus pictures of projects the members are working on or have completed. Check it out:

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CarolDoakQuiltingGroup

I hope this helps for the new pp'ers wanting help.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 AM

I would post a closeup if I had a camra. I have a large picture of this on my PC, but I havn't been able to get my photos posted. Just too tech challanged
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM

Andii, I put the corner picture on my avatar
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Andii, that's a hen in my flower pot, it had some real nice flowers in it untill the chickens discovered it had dirt in it, they took so many dust baths that that's all there was left in it. Now I have a ball cactus in it, let's see 'em get in there now!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 PM

I have pp for years. You can also use blue masking tape to reinforce when you have to rip out. It works fine also. One other thing you must always remember, make a Master Copy of your block. Use this copy and make all of your copies from this MC and on the same computer or copy machine. If you don't and you make copies of copies they will not be the same size.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:41 PM

PP is agreat project for take along; picking up gkids, doctor office etc. Once you get the hang of it, it really is quite relaxing. I have only made several pillows and a few lap size throws and all I do is hand piecing.