Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pattern for Baby Quilt

Dix
    Blog Entries
    Warm Wishes would be so nice. Fast and cute! Love the colors. Also D9P would work!

Your fabrics would also look really cute in this modern baby quilt pattern called "Colorblock".
    http://www.bijoulovelydesigns.com/20...aby-quilt.html

Quote Originally Posted by cellin View Post
    GrannieAnnie - with the super size nine patch - say I make 3 blocks 1 each with the 3 different prints, then should I mix up the solids I use around the print? I can follow a pattern but coming up with a design is a weakness of mine :-(

What about deciding one solid for each print, then do the block with the center and 4 corners in the print and the sides in solid? Have enough fabric? Or mix it up. Any way it would be cute.

OR use the two big prints for your centers, the green dots for the corners and the solids for the sides. It just looks like it would be a pretty quick pattern no matter what. That way, the green dots will end up forming a half way good sized 4 square block when joined together---------so the green dots would still be quite visible. (also a lot easier to set 2 variations together than three)
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by cellin View Post
    do you know where I can find a free pattern for Yellow Brick Road? If I get one more fabric, do you think I should get another solid or another print? my local Joann store did not have much of a selections as far as baby prints go.

thank you for your suggestions!
    Why not a solid pink to match the darker pink in your print? Or even a white? Cute fabrics! They will make a great baby girl quilt, whatever pattern you decide on.

I love to do pinwheels in 6" blocks with the prints and solids together. Then use the dot for the border Maybe adding a second small border in one solid between the pinwheels and outside border. Then bind with the print pieces even if you have to piece the two colors together.

I am finishing a baby quilt, just have the binding left to do. I made a disappearing nine patch. I used the "busy" blocks in the corners. I love how it has turned out.

Precious fabrics!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    warm wishes to really showcase the print fabric would be nice
    I agree! I'd use the yellow, green and the small dot one for the rails or you may call it the framing strips. One of the prints for the squares in the quilt and the other for one of the borders. Or you could use both of the prints for the squares and whatever you have left for a border. Really pretty fabrics!
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Have you considered Kaye Wood's 6 hour quilt? Actually it takes more than 6 hours to make it but it is easy & quick. Go to her web site & I think you'll find instructions. I've made many of these & they are cute & practical.
    MLOQuilts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    warm wishes to really showcase the print fabric would be nice
    I agree that this is a good one. Google for images. I think you'll especially enjoy it because it turns out looking fancier than it is.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Warm wishes would be a great one. Use the pink green and yellow for the strips and one of the prints for borders and one for blocks and use the polka dots for the back. Just my thought.

I went with Warm Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
    Warm wishes would be a great one. Use the pink green and yellow for the strips and one of the prints for borders and one for blocks and use the polka dots for the back. Just my thought.
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I went with Warm Wishes and here is how it turned out, hope you like it.

I plan on using the green for binding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love it!! Great choice of pattern!

EC
    You could try a tube quilt like the one I did here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t119458.html

Very, very pretty! Good choice of fabrics. Project Linus has some free patterns, if you are ever looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mloquilts View Post
    Have you considered Kaye Wood's 6 hour quilt? Actually it takes more than 6 hours to make it but it is easy & quick. Go to her web site & I think you'll find instructions. I've made many of these & they are cute & practical.
    That's a great quilt! Here's one I made for Project Linus out of some darling (IMHO) Boyd's Bears & bumblebees fabrics.

Name:  linus 2.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  111.8 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    If you had one more fabric, you could make a Yellow Brick Road. How about a Trip Around the World? Or Take Five?
    Trip Around the World is the first thing I thought of myself!

Completed

It's completed, washed and mailed. My cousin loves it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2