Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pattern Identification

Blog Entries
    The link I had is no longer available.[
    Last edited by Aurora; 06-02-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: No longer available
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    Wow is right, love that, I think maybe I have seen that pattern in connecting threads or keepsake quilting.

Thinking out side the box. still on my wish list. think it is a beautiful quilt. joyce j

Very pretty quilt. He has good taste.

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know what this pattern is called??

I give up. I have a pattern I would like to post and can see nowhere to start a new thread. So, I guess I'll post it here, if I can.

I saw this quilt on a blog (I thought it was here, but I can't find the archives for this thread) and would live very much to make it. Help!!
    Sunny Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    YOUNG AT HEART - Slightly older in other places...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    THIS IS IT...go to the link and you will find that exact picture of the quilt....another on my hoping to do list ...TYVM...lol

AND I already have a family of 17 fabrics for it...been waiting for a pattern to jump out at me for those fabrics
    Did you looks at their other patterns? I'm really impressed with their website. What an awsome collection they have...and I never buy patterns.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by sandygoshorn View Post
    I give up. I have a pattern I would like to post and can see nowhere to start a new thread. So, I guess I'll post it here, if I can.

I saw this quilt on a blog (I thought it was here, but I can't find the archives for this thread) and would live very much to make it. Help!!
    Sunny Sandy
    Hi Sandy. That pattern is called Mexican Star. It's by Annette Ornelas for Southwind Designs. http://www.quiltscapesquilting.com/patterns.php (scroll down, it's almost to the bottom)
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Hi Sandy. That pattern is called Mexican Star. It's by Annette Ornelas for Southwind Designs. http://www.quiltscapesquilting.com/patterns.php (scroll down, it's almost to the bottom)
    I've made this pattern. It's about an confident beginner-intermediate pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    THIS IS IT...go to the link and you will find that exact picture of the quilt....another on my hoping to do list ...TYVM...lol

AND I already have a family of 17 fabrics for it...been waiting for a pattern to jump out at me for those fabrics
    It is a great quilt. It's on their link and also etsy.

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    I believe the pattern is called "Thinking outside the block".
    http://www.ericas.com/quilting/patterns/29420b.jpg
    This is also what I was thinking. Beautiful quilt!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

That actual photo is a pattern called 'Free Your Scraps' from Quilt-Addicts in Australia, available as a pattern or kit.
    http://www.quilt-addicts.com/free-your-scraps.htm
    Isn't this board amazing??? Someone always seems to know the answer!
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    That actual photo is a pattern called 'Free Your Scraps' from Quilt-Addicts in Australia, available as a pattern or kit.
    http://www.quilt-addicts.com/free-your-scraps.htm

so basically this quilt is essentially the same as 'thinking outside the box' but with a different name and fabrics.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Is there a trick or method to pressing your seams to be able to "nestle" the seams when connecting the blocks so that your seams match up nicely? I can't figure out how I would sew each block and then connect them and be able to have opposing seams so that I can match them?? I like a pattern to include pressing instructions that that the seams go together correctly and I've noticed about 50 to 75% of patterns do not include this information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandygoshorn View Post

Sunny Sandy

That is the Mexican Star Quilt pattern.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Got fabric?

It is called thinking outside the box.

True, "Free Your scraps" (http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.322259496.jpg and "Thinking Outside the Block" (http://www.toadusew.com/store/media/...t/otb-dock.jpg) are basically the same, but I think the block sizes may be different. The first is from an Australia designer and the second one is a US designer.

It is really a cool looking quilt! Please show us your finished product. Don't you just love it when kids and grandkids ask for something special. It makes me feel like they appreciate what I do!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
    Is there a trick or method to pressing your seams to be able to "nestle" the seams when connecting the blocks so that your seams match up nicely? I can't figure out how I would sew each block and then connect them and be able to have opposing seams so that I can match them?? I like a pattern to include pressing instructions that that the seams go together correctly and I've noticed about 50 to 75% of patterns do not include this information.
    the way i accomplish nesting of seams is by ironing the seams to let's say row 1 one direction and ironing the seams to row 2 the other direction. the seams butt right up to one another and you can get "perfect" matching connections.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I think it's actually on this board from jan. 2011. I googled "quilting outside the block quilt pattern" and the first choice pointed me to a thread jan. 2011 and the lady called her's "quarter log cabin", but it's IT!

The pattern is called Thinking Outside the Block and it is put out by toadusew. Order number is #TCC00306

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries
    Thank you EVERYONE, for the help with this pattern.... Well actually BOTH patterns. The original one and then the one I posted. Now I have two quilts to make.... I hope I live long enough to finish all the ones I want to do....

Sandy
    YOUNG AT HEART - Slightly older in other places...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2