Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Patterns @ Walmart >

Patterns @ Walmart

Patterns @ Walmart

Old 06-30-2010, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon A
I was at Walmart today, needed some star material. I use to work at the Walmart I was at and talked to the lady a couple of weeks ago when I was getting material, they have taken the ladies out of the material Dept and made them do other things so you have to ring the bell to get them to help you. She is totally disgusted with the way walmart is doing the sewing Dept. now. I had 4 bolts and only needed 1/4 yard of each <really didn't need that much> she acted like it wasn't worth coming over there for, it really did irritate me. They have messed with their employees so much that they don't even want to help you when they do have someone buying from their Dept.
I know what you mean. WM employees look like very unhappy people. I have a family member that works there and he saiid they are treated very unfairly. It shows. Concerning the fabric, I rang the bell and waited, rang the bell and waited, and rang the bell and waited. Then I left. It certainly isn't the fault of the employees for the poor customer service. I just won't give WM any more of my money.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

The same thing happened in Hobby Lobby last night! I didnt ring the bell, I hate that, but I went looking for someone, and it took awhile! He really was pleasant about cutting it, but there sure werent many employees working there last night!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 AM

I returned to WM today and found someone to cut my fabric. She was very nice and told me how unhappy most of the employees were. I replied that was very obvious. It's a shame workplaces have to be so unhappy. Life is too short. I sure hope other WM aren't as dismal as my local one. By the way, my fabric is so cute. I am going to make pillowcases in a tube.