Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Patterns @ Walmart >

Patterns @ Walmart

Patterns @ Walmart

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM

I just returned from a trip to town. I was in WM and was getting some vinyl from the fabric dept (thank goodness we still HAVE a fabric dept).

Got to talking quilting with the lady that was helping me. She told me they have a "block of the month" thing they do. But you gotta ASK. HUH? Why don't they make this more well known - people would be going and getting the patterns. She had some really pretty fabrics on the side, and said that they were for this month's pattern. She pulled out the pattern. It's pretty nice. Then, she commenced to handing me at least 5 more patterns - all for different quilts (not just blocks - entire quilts). The sheets were all one page and they were nice quilts. She gave them to me free.

I know WM fabric isn't the same quality as the quilt shop fabrics, but, they do have some nice stuff (at the ones that still have fabrics). I think if it were more well known that they were doing this, maybe the sewing depts in other stores might not have closed?

Anyway, thought I'd share. :)
Martha
Old 06-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

I have two WalMarts near me.. One carries the fabric for the Quilt of the Month... the other carries the patterns... but neither has both :roll: LOL Well actually the one that use to have the patterns has just remodeled so I will have to look and see if they still carry the patterns :lol:

There is a place on the internet that has the patterns available for down load, just don't have the link handy , sorry
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MarthaVA
I just returned from a trip to town. I was in WM and was getting some vinyl from the fabric dept (thank goodness we still HAVE a fabric dept).

Got to talking quilting with the lady that was helping me. She told me they have a "block of the month" thing they do. But you gotta ASK. HUH? Why don't they make this more well known - people would be going and getting the patterns. She had some really pretty fabrics on the side, and said that they were for this month's pattern. She pulled out the pattern. It's pretty nice. Then, she commenced to handing me at least 5 more patterns - all for different quilts (not just blocks - entire quilts). The sheets were all one page and they were nice quilts. She gave them to me free.

I know WM fabric isn't the same quality as the quilt shop fabrics, but, they do have some nice stuff (at the ones that still have fabrics). I think if it were more well known that they were doing this, maybe the sewing depts in other stores might not have closed?

Anyway, thought I'd share. :)
Martha
She may have them hidden because they go so fast. We used to get two bundles of them and two bolts of fabric each of that used in them. but have been cut back to only one stack of patterns and one set of the fabrics.
Which pattern was it - "Lady Rose"? That is the one for July.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

I have to go there today... I will have to check and see what they have available :D:D:D
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 AM

I went to WM today and picked out really nice VIP fabric to make pillowcases from one of the Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutorials. It was decent quality fabric and just 2.47 a yard. I rang the bell and rang the bell for assistance, but no one ever came. Put down the fabric and left. I may give WM another chance tomorrow when I have more time to find someone to help me. I did take 2 of the free patterns. I figured they owed me that for my frustration. :)
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 PM

You can always get the patterns for the WalMart quilt-of-the-month here: http://www.aenathan.com/index.php?tmpl=quiltofthemonth
Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM

I was hoping someone would give a site to go to for patterns. Thanks, Sandybeach
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Hey, thanks bunches! And they have the ones from last year too!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM

I was at Walmart today, needed some star material. I use to work at the Walmart I was at and talked to the lady a couple of weeks ago when I was getting material, they have taken the ladies out of the material Dept and made them do other things so you have to ring the bell to get them to help you. She is totally disgusted with the way walmart is doing the sewing Dept. now. I had 4 bolts and only needed 1/4 yard of each <really didn't need that much> she acted like it wasn't worth coming over there for, it really did irritate me. They have messed with their employees so much that they don't even want to help you when they do have someone buying from their Dept.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM

I have gotten probably 10 or so yards of one of the quilt of the month fabrics for June. I think the fabric is much better than some of the other lines they carry.