Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pecuts multiplying during the night >

Pecuts multiplying during the night

Pecuts multiplying during the night

Old 10-21-2022, 05:58 PM

Default Pecuts multiplying during the night

I have spent all day sewing together 2.5 squars into blocks measureing 8.5". (16 2.5 squares per block)

I do believe my charms have partied during the night and made these little babies that I call 2.5"cuties. I thilnk I am sewing together the the thrid generaltion of these guys....lol
Old 10-22-2022, 03:21 AM

Sometimes when I start a project with 2 1/2" squares I think there is no end to the project. I'm doing that now with scraps, and although I've been sewing for 3 weeks (?) I only have three rows done. Each row is 90" I'll be cutting more scraps this coming week as what I thought was enough to kill a horse, isn't enough.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Sometimes when I start a project with 2 1/2" squares I think there is no end to the project. I'm doing that now with scraps, and although I've been sewing for 3 weeks (?) I only have three rows done. Each row is 90" I'll be cutting more scraps this coming week as what I thought was enough to kill a horse, isn't enough.
These are the projects you can ufo and come back to in 3 months when another batch has gestated...
Old 10-23-2022, 05:03 PM

I think they're related to rabbits...
Old 10-23-2022, 06:50 PM

I needed fabric for the aprons and went to my walmart. Bought 15 yards knowing that would Never make 80 aprons. But I bought what they had. Got home and put the fabric on my "sewing" table aka dining table (but it thinks it is only for sewing as I never eat at it). When I came back to start washing the fabric the next morning I happened to see my one cat laying on some fabric that was on the floor. It was the exact fabric I bought the day before BUT it was a seperate pile. I shooed the cat and checked it out -- it's almost 25 yards. Then I looked at the chair side table and there laid another pile of the exact fabric. It was again almost 25 yards. I had gone thru all my boxes for a couple of days before I went to walmart so I would get only what I needed for the aprons. I know exactly where this extra fabric came from--God! I had told Him I did not have enough fabric and that night almost 50 yards showed up in my apartment. I have no doubts. I'm going to be able to make the 80 aprons that will be placed in the kids Christmas boxes for this year. Means 80 kids will be able to help Mom/Dad cook the Christmas dinner this year.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:28 AM

I now have 4 rows done of my 2.5" squares....yippee!! More squares are cut but not sewn together for this scrappy quilt, guess I'll be doing that the rest of the week. I don't mind that they seem to multiply overnight all over the sewing room, but I could use a couple pixie's to come in at night to organize and sew.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't mind 2.5" squares multiplying at all if they would just grow into yards!
Old 10-24-2022, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like fun! I would love to see pictures of your projects. I really enjoy making small wall hangings with small squares.