Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

I appreciate the warning!

small town between Baltimore/Annapolis MD
    Yep. I too have been through the "Penny Pitch" !! No more. I unsubscribed and ended that nonsense!

Never heard of her, but I'm glad for this warning!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the world many of us have unfortunately experienced. I ended up getting a new email address.

community benefactor BECOOLWRAPS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nannyrick.com
    Maryann, I could have written your letter. When I started out a few months ago, I ordered her online book for Beginner Quilting and paid $39.00, (which I wish I had back). I soon found out that if you wanted to go further you would end up paying megabucks.
    Every e-mail was just a teaser to buy more. I soon found out I could have learned more, from this group or on Yu Tube. I regret the day I wasted my money, and time for this
    and am glad I didn't fall for more.
    I,m glad you posted this. I was kind of leery of doing it,
    because I thought I should not.
    I did get the e-mails to stop after a couple of trys.
    Hang in there and keep trying or just DELETE.
    I had a similar experience - and I agree - keep trying or just delete.

Blog Entries
    I have found a few gems among the hype on her site but not enough to put up with the over priced sales pitches. I use Gmail and just marked her emails as spam and never got another one. Google auto unsubscribes for you from any email you mark as spam. I never get spam using Gmail. I don't use my internet provider email at all. Way to much spam gets through.

Blog Entries
    Been there done that! I actually changed my email addy because I got tired of the constant sales pitch. you can usually find the info online without having to BUY anything she is offering. Things like that turn me a little bit sour. They sound so greedy.

Blog Entries
    I am curious about how you do that, too. I know that I can and they will go in my spam folder, but I don't know how to I only have experience with Microsoft Outlook which allows you to create rules to move messages to other folders (i.e. all of my QB messages go to a separate folder marked "Quilting" so that I know when new messages are posted. Any messages I don't want to receive anymore I open that message, click on "Rules" and click "Always move to" and then select "Deleted Items". That way I never see it. Sometimes it can take a while to do it because those slicksters sometimes change their email addresses and you have to do it for every different email address :?[/quote]

Thanks, I've wanted to figure out how to "sort" my emails without scanning them and manually sorting to different folders. As to the "junk mail", I've block sender after sender and yes yahoo groups that I just got tired of receiving a gazillion emails from daily. Right now they still go to a junk folder but I also might receive something that goes into "junk" that I need to move back to my Inbox so I STILL have to scan, delete or move. I'm going to research further cause it sure would make life easier. Oh, and yes, the spammers figure out how to get around their blocked sender notice!!!!

Had the same problem with a different web site. Unsubscribed 2 or 3 times. Finally just made the sender SPAM. Now I just delete it with all the other unwanted e-mail. Hope this helps.

My provider allows me to block email (companies). They also gave me several additional email addresses so that the places that require an email address, but you know it will be spam, gets a valid address.

I too have had the same problem.

Thank you for the warning. I've had this happen with other sites and it is very annoying.

Blog Entries
    I too had this problem with her emails. Very disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    I always create a rule to delete messages I can't stop from coming. That way they get deleted before they even hit my mailbox.
    Ditto on this

Mine goes to a spam folder, I had the same problem.

Isn't there a way to block emails from certain addresses?
    Robin in TX

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the warning - I have looked at site several times but didnt sign up for anything since it took a very long time to go thru all her sale pitches!!!

Blog Entries
    If the unsubscribe isn't working, have you tried blocking the sender's email address?

I, too, was disgusted by her sales pitches. Also her use of caps and shouting and that her site was the best ever. I felt like I was in an infomercial. No more for me.

Blog Entries
    I marked it as spam and removed her from my contacts list. I've had to do this with a few sites. Their messages go dirctly to "junk" folder and they will go away after a few days or I can empty it myself. We live and learn...

thanks...I will stay away from her site.

Quote Originally Posted by nannyrick.com
    Maryann, I could have written your letter. When I started out a few months ago, I ordered her online book for Beginner Quilting and paid $39.00, (which I wish I had back). I soon found out that if you wanted to go further you would end up paying megabucks.
    Every e-mail was just a teaser to buy more. I soon found out I could have learned more, from this group or on Yu Tube. I regret the day I wasted my money, and time for this
    and am glad I didn't fall for more.
    I,m glad you posted this. I was kind of leery of doing it,
    because I thought I should not.
    I did get the e-mails to stop after a couple of trys.
    Hang in there and keep trying or just DELETE.

I had the same experience! After several e mails and offers, I finally purchased her Machine quilting package, with several bonus offers, about $170. or so... I did not get all of the bonus offers, and after several unanswered phone calls, messages left, I finally got in touch with the company, they said to download it from the internet. OK I was not happy with this answer (as I paid for books, not to use my paper and ink) the downloaded articles were worthless, as was the written book and tips. She also included CD's of audio phone calls with questions and answers from featured quilters. These calls audio were so poor that I could not hear over ladies breathing,( these were conference call protocol) babies crying, mothers talking to children, one lady talking to a friend on another phone while listening to the call. I finally got fed up and again after several calls told the company I wanted my $$ back and I will send back the worthless materials. Yes they were worthless, everything she had in the articles, were on the internet free! I did look for complaints against her, but found none at the time, this was about 18 months ago. I did get a full refund, and guess what NO MORE E MAILS from her or her stupid cat! She is not selling anything secret or new, I can't believe that she is still in business!

I signed up as you did, and quickly found out she is all about selling. I just unsubscribed and haven't heard a word from her since. But she certainly made herself a nuisance there for a while.

Same problem here. I got real tired of it. I did change internet providers (not because of her) and that I no longer get her mail is a real plus.

Yeah I did get those letters and stopped them for the same reason, but I didn't have trouble getting them stopped. It was waaayyy too much e-mail.

I experienced the same thing. I just select all the messages from her and her websites and the extended websites and delete them. I f you follow a link to have your name removed or cancel a newsletter you get tagged. So, just delete them eventually they will stop.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast