Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Personal Touches??? >

Personal Touches???

Personal Touches???

Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 PM

Oh my I love Zelda and Link but haven't played in years! Don't you have to have a Nintendo game to play it? See it has been many many years since I've played. We got a PS2 for the grandkids to play games when at my house, but apparently you can't get Zelda for PS2.

You'll have to update me and fill me in on the new technology, LOL.

sue
Old 02-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Ilena..... I love your 'square in a square in a square' quilt foto! The colors are fabulous....did you use batiks, I can't quite tell in the small foto.

I made 2 of that kind of quilt for my 2 granddaughters using brights with fussy cut fabrics for the centers, then used Minkie for the backing. They love them and I would be so happy to make another one for myself!

Regarding the personal touches to my machine.... I really didn't add anything or make anything but I put a little note to myself reminding me to always put my needle at 4.5 to sew a scant quarter inch each time I sew quilt blocks.

sue
Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM

I was first hooked on zelda years ago ~ on an old game boy (this is before the color game boy flying V). Ever since then we always bought nintendo for the sole purpose of me being able to play Zelda (Zelda is only available for Nintendo sue). Of course my husband was always able to find games he liked on the system but zelda was the primary reason!
Talked about hooked! Though never had a link costume and got an Epona ride~ that sounds like such a fun memory.

Sue it is amazing and fun to play the games as they progressed with technology. Graphics have come such a long way but even so I got so much enjoyment out of the games. You should try to borrow an old system with zelda from someone - keep your eyes open during yard sales?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Sue - my avatar is my pink & green beauty - all rectangles and different fabrics. Here are some more pics of it. The colors are brighter than they appear in the photos. It was a lot of fun to make.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53381.jpe   attachment-53386.jpe  
Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by wraez

Regarding the personal touches to my machine.... I really didn't add anything or make anything but I put a little note to myself reminding me to always put my needle at 4.5 to sew a scant quarter inch each time I sew quilt blocks.

sue
ANd oh yea ~ back to the original topic :lol:
Every time I make 1/2 square triangles I get out my blue painters masking tape and make myself a guideline. When I'm done the tape comes up (I need to access the little drawer). I do this often enough - Why don't I just paint a line with some nailpolish or something? After all it is my machine and I need that line? Why don't I customize it to my needs?????
THis kind of strikes me as funny because it doesn't sound like anyone else does either!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 PM

Ilena ~~~ wow that quilt is really gorgeous!

Now that I can see it close up, it is not the pattern that I have called sq in a sq in a sq. but the results are similar. My pattern starts with all the same size squares in different fabrics which then get cut and shuffled and re-sewn. Yes it is fun to make also.

Just love your fabrics.... wasn't it hard to decide to cut them, LOL. That happens alot with me, I fondle my fabrics for quite some time before I finally take the rotary cutter to them.

Thank you for sharing your quilt in a large foto for me to see!

sue ps, I didn't realize that 'avatar' was what the members pix are called
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
Oh my I love Zelda and Link but haven't played in years! Don't you have to have a Nintendo game to play it? See it has been many many years since I've played. We got a PS2 for the grandkids to play games when at my house, but apparently you can't get Zelda for PS2.

You'll have to update me and fill me in on the new technology, LOL.

sue
Yeah, you gotta have Nintendo systems to play Zelda games. Nintendo's not the type to share their franchises with others. But now you can get most of the Zelda games on the Nintendo GameCube (including the newest one, which ) and GameCubes are pretty cheap now...about $99 at most places. But if you're fortunate enough to get your hands on a $250 Wii, you can play your GameCube games on it and you can also download old Nintendo games onto your Wii and play them...I think the price varies, depending on what system they were originally released on, but its like $5. In any case, you can play Zelda without having to get an ancient system and cartiages anymore...

...I should be working at a game store...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 AM

Sue - it is difficult to cut the beauties that's for sure! It's nice to have them sitting around for awhile to admire like a treasure! The rectangles are all 2x4. In order to get lots of different pinks and greens without actually buying tons of material I got a lot of 4" squares in pinks and greens off ebay. It was great to get a variety of fabrics in the colors I needed.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 AM

[/quote]

you can play your GameCube games on it and you can also download old Nintendo games onto your Wii and play them...I think the price varies, depending on what system they were originally released on, but its like $5. In any case, you can play Zelda without having to get an ancient system and cartiages anymore...
...I should be working at a game store...
[/quote]

Being able to play the old games on the new system is a definite plus - it's sad to think that the $ spent on a system and games goes out the window once the new system comes out. I'll probably be ready to play again once the next wii comes out - hopefully by then the kids will be sleeping all through the night!

Flying V - show up to a game store interview in you Link gear and you are sure to get the job!!!! :lol:
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 AM

Thanks for filling me in.

I do remember spending hours on Zelda/Link and when we first got it couldn't figure out for the longest time how to save our game and had to keep starting over and over, it was frustrating till we finally got it right. So remembering all those hours, I'm not sure I want to get hooked again, LOL, and I do remember the sore thumbs and wrist! I've already got a touch of carpal tunnel, wonder if all that thumb action was the start of it, my o my.

and YES, you should work in a game store! You've got lots to offer customers like me who are clueless.

sue