Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pet cats on quilts >

pet cats on quilts

pet cats on quilts

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by ohioquilter
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
My cats climb up on the shelf I'd put up for the shoeboxes of scraps...they knock the boxes down, so now the boxes are on the floor. I had 2 other top shelves they've knocked things off of so they could lay down. The room from about 5' up is THEIRS! LOL Yes, I always have cats on the quilting. Try putting their quilt up as high as you can...maybe they'll take it over then!!!

Oh -- and I caught Dasher picking up things off the sewing table and dumping them on the floor -- one by one.......DANG it...he's WORSE than a 3 year old kid!
I have a cedar chest that I keep quilting stuff in and every time i open it to get in there, one of the cats climbs in and goes to sleep.
I even have a pic of one of my cats sitting on top my sewing machine!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM

I have this same problem! My cat Spooks doesn't seem to be interested but Sid is another story. I figure it is because he HAS to be the center of attention all the time. What better way to do that then to lay down in the middle of what I'm doing!

Sid
[ATTACH=CONFIG]87855[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87850.jpe  
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by ohioquilter
awww! your cat looks just like my daughter's cat here. he's orange and white with a ringed tail. she is 11 and she named him fireball.
You mean my cat?? That's Katie, she is tiny and Carmello is her son. He weighs 20 pounds!!! She's around 7 :D
I also have a teeny tiny female orange tabby. Did you know that female orange tabbys are very rare. Orange tabbys are almost always male. In fact my vet didn't believe me when I told her my cat was female!! :) :) I have had orange tabbys all my life, and they have always been male and big, but all the (few) female orange tabbys I have seen/heard of have been teeny tiny. Pretty interesting.

Rachel
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis

I also have a teeny tiny female orange tabby. Did you know that female orange tabbys are very rare. Orange tabbys are almost always male. In fact my vet didn't believe me when I told her my cat was female!! :) :) I have had orange tabbys all my life, and they have always been male and big, but all the (few) female orange tabbys I have seen/heard of have been teeny tiny. Pretty interesting.

Rachel
How cool! I have a little bitty female orange tabby too. Her chest, feet, and tummy are white, and her face has a few white places, but otherwise, she's "punkin orange". 8-) Her name is Pixie, but most often we call her Baby Girl because she's so petite. She's the most affectionate little thing ever! She and our other 3 cats are all rescues.

Here she is at 4 months old ... on one of my inherited quilts ... naturally! :lol:

And my other 3, Tikki (the tabby on the box), Wee-est (Siamese mix "trapped" inside the box by Tikki), and Buddy (long-haired seal point Siamese/Ragdoll mix). :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87851.jpe   attachment-87852.jpe   attachment-87859.jpe  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise

How cool! I have a little bitty female orange tabby too. Her chest, feet, and tummy are white, and her face has a few white places, but otherwise, she's "punkin orange". 8-) Her name is Pixie, but most often we call her Baby Girl because she's so petite. She's the most affectionate little thing ever! She and our other 3 cats are all rescues.

Here she is at 4 months old ... on one of my inherited quilts ... naturally! :lol:

And my other 3, Tikki (the tabby on the box), Wee-est (Siamese mix "trapped" inside the box by Tikki), and Buddy (long-haired seal point Siamese/Ragdoll mix). :lol:
Aw she's so pretty. Yeah i rescued mine too and they told me when I got her that she was 6 months old, but no one had seen her be born, so they were guessing just by her size. She has never gotten bigger though (she is about 7 pounds too), so I think she is actually much older. Which makes me sad because I don't know how long we will have with her. :( :(

Rachel
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87867.jpe  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 AM

I'm sitting on the bed with my laptop

Maxx the siamese and dreamer the oriental (my avatar) are on my legs

IF I get some handwork out, they will try and sit on my arms...so I mostly machine piece so I can keep them off my fabric

they aren't allowed in the studio
Old 06-24-2010, 03:24 AM

My little black cat is called Trouble. She's 12 years old. I can't leave my straight pins out. She steals them. I used to pin finished blocks to the ironing board. Her favorite place to sleep. She will pull the pins out of "her bed". I would find the blocks and pins in the floor. I no longer pin my blocks to the ironing board. She sleeps in an extra chair next to me when I sew, On her own quilt. She can't jump onto the ironing board any more. She has cancer, and we know her time is short. We love on her and keep her as comfortable as possable. Lots of head scratches and treats.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Google Goddess

cute cat pictures
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 PM

I personally think that cats love fabrics as much as us quilters do...not to mention that they like to be where we are. A real compliment to be sure! I think that it makes a gift special to include a little cat lovin' in every quilt---all are prewashed before delivery, and no one but me and NeNe need to know....(and now ya'll too!) SHHHH....LOL
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM

The cats in this house belong to my DD. When I sit at the machine, one is at my feet, one is to the left, and usually one on the table. Go figure. Step away from the machine and one of them will jump on my nice warm chair and one on the ironing board if I leave it up. Two is ok, but four or five get on my nerves when sewing. Geesh!