Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pet cats on quilts >

pet cats on quilts

pet cats on quilts

Old 06-24-2010, 07:13 PM

My cat loves to "help" when I sew too. I had just completed a top for my nephew, and it sat spread out on the spare lounge suite for a week, as the cat decided that she LOVED it. Try to get her off, and you would cop a swipe and a growl lol.
Another cat I had insisted on sleeping on my ironing board, same thing, try to get him off when I wanted to iron was like showing a red rag to a bull. I ended up getting a little iron board to use when he wouldnt let me use the big one.
Any yes, my cat does rule the house, she is my baby and I love her to bits.

Perhaps its the "Happy and relaxed atmosphere that is created when we do sew....hence the cats like to be around you to get the good vibes...maybe?? IT seems all of our kittys are the same lol
Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Not only do my two cats check out my quilts, but so does my rabbit and the neighbor's cat!!!

You have saved me some time though because I have thought to make a quilt for the cats, but if yours didn't use it probably mine wont either! So I wont!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

I am so glad to know I'm not crazy. I had to completely rearrange my quilting work counter/table to make room for my kitty Miss Fluffy now that she is an only child and can stay inside with mommy as much as she wants. She was sleeping on my pressing board but I got tired of de-hairing everything I pressed not to mention I had to wrangle pressing space from her. So now I have to store the board vertical & since she couldn't lounge on a hard surface I made her a bed out of a piece of faux sheepsskin. Since it comes with a prime view of the bird feeder she's accepted it well. Fluffy has always had the bad habit of spreading out on top of whatever I am cutting out and holding whatever she can "hostage". Blood would be involved if I try to retrieve anything from under her.. LOL! We know who rules the sewing room!