Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Petite Press Mini Iron >

Petite Press Mini Iron

Petite Press Mini Iron

Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
I had a Clover mini iron with the additional safety features. Didn't matter. I still burned the heck out of my index finger first time out. Never plugged it in again.
I am so sorry that you burned yourself. I have been told my Clover users that too. I am a klutz which is another reason why I have not bought a Clover.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM

I love my Clover for paper piecing but will confess to burning myself--not badly and the cord gets in the way. I also have a little Rowenta travel iron that sits on a table to my left so I can press block seams as I go. I love it but it is slowly dying. It won't stay hot any more.

I've pondered the little Mini Press irons but just don't trust the battery or temperature in a cordless device so I'll keep cussing out the cords.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I love my Clover for paper piecing but will confess to burning myself--not badly and the cord gets in the way. I also have a little Rowenta travel iron that sits on a table to my left so I can press block seams as I go. I love it but it is slowly dying. It won't stay hot any more.

I've pondered the little Mini Press irons but just don't trust the battery or temperature in a cordless device so I'll keep cussing out the cords.
I like your style. You might try Radio Shack or Battery Plus or some electronic stores like that in your area to see if you can get a new rechargable battery for your Rowenta if you really love your Rowenta.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
Originally Posted by BKrenning

I like your style. You might try Radio Shack or Battery Plus or some electronic stores like that in your area to see if you can get a new rechargable battery for your Rowenta if you really love your Rowenta.
My Rowenta is not cordless. It's old & abused--LOL!

I've burnt out 2 electric brooms is why I don't trust cordless devices any more. They didn't work all that great to begin with and the real vacuum works so much better that fighting the cords is worth the aggravation compared to running out of power when you're only half finished or not working well enough and wishing you'd have just used the good old one to begin with.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:38 PM

When those electric brooms came out I was not too impressed with them too. It looked like you have to go super slow in order for the vacuum part to pick stuff. Kind of beats the purpose of sweeping. You may as well use the vacuum. Besides, the hand held Black and Decker ones never have worked right for me. I had owned three.