Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Petite Press Mini Iron

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    I was wondering if anybody has bought and used this cordless version of the hand held mini iron. I have been debating about whether this one or one of Clover's Mini Irons.

  2. #2
    Super Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    I would go with the Clover mini I had one of the corded small irons and I didn't think it got hot enough.

  3. #3
    Super Member GrammaNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,935
    I love my Clover mini!

  4. #4
    Senior Member annmarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rhinelander, WI
    Posts
    874
    I don't!! Have burned my finger too many times - wish the long rod had a covering.

  5. #5
    Junior Member StitchnFind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southeast PA,
    Posts
    108
    I had one too, but i burnt my fingers way too many times on the rod and hubby took it off me and hid the darn thing. Probably a good thing too hahaha

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    I think the newer version of the Clover Mini Irons have safety features that protects your fingers from burning as well as different temperature settings. I was at an applique quilt class and several people brought their Clovers in. They all looked different from each others because of when they bought them. I know you can now buy different kinds of tip rods that can be inserted into the handle of one of their interchangable Clover Mini Iron models. In case you want to do some wood burning or jewelry work and other crafty stuff that I don't know.

    I liked using it for applique but I found the cord to be constantly in my way. Several times the iron fell over because of the cord. The Petite Press Mini Iron is cordless. So I wondered if anybody has bought it and liked it better than the Clover.

  7. #7
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,160
    Blog Entries
    3
    I had asked about this a while back. There were a few positive responses. I haven't bought it yet, but plan to before my next paper piecing project.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51131-1.htm

  8. #8
    Senior Member renee765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    955
    I had a Clover mini iron with the additional safety features. Didn't matter. I still burned the heck out of my index finger first time out. Never plugged it in again.

  9. #9
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,588
    Blog Entries
    3
    I have a Clover iron. I mistakenly laid my cathedral window quilt on it and burned it. Those little screws that hold the iron on the handle get extremely hot! Now I have a little round burn spot that I'm going to have to cover with a label!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    I had asked about this a while back. There were a few positive responses. I haven't bought it yet, but plan to before my next paper piecing project.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51131-1.htm
    Wow! I loved your board. You did get some really good responses. I just wanted to ask whether the Petite Press Mini Iron is cordless or did I get that feature mixed up with another?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by renee765
    I had a Clover mini iron with the additional safety features. Didn't matter. I still burned the heck out of my index finger first time out. Never plugged it in again.
    I am so sorry that you burned yourself. I have been told my Clover users that too. I am a klutz which is another reason why I have not bought a Clover.

  12. #12
    Super Member BKrenning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,552
    I love my Clover for paper piecing but will confess to burning myself--not badly and the cord gets in the way. I also have a little Rowenta travel iron that sits on a table to my left so I can press block seams as I go. I love it but it is slowly dying. It won't stay hot any more.

    I've pondered the little Mini Press irons but just don't trust the battery or temperature in a cordless device so I'll keep cussing out the cords.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    I love my Clover for paper piecing but will confess to burning myself--not badly and the cord gets in the way. I also have a little Rowenta travel iron that sits on a table to my left so I can press block seams as I go. I love it but it is slowly dying. It won't stay hot any more.

    I've pondered the little Mini Press irons but just don't trust the battery or temperature in a cordless device so I'll keep cussing out the cords.
    I like your style. You might try Radio Shack or Battery Plus or some electronic stores like that in your area to see if you can get a new rechargable battery for your Rowenta if you really love your Rowenta.

  14. #14
    Super Member BKrenning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    I love my Clover for paper piecing but will confess to burning myself--not badly and the cord gets in the way. I also have a little Rowenta travel iron that sits on a table to my left so I can press block seams as I go. I love it but it is slowly dying. It won't stay hot any more.

    I've pondered the little Mini Press irons but just don't trust the battery or temperature in a cordless device so I'll keep cussing out the cords.
    I like your style. You might try Radio Shack or Battery Plus or some electronic stores like that in your area to see if you can get a new rechargable battery for your Rowenta if you really love your Rowenta.
    My Rowenta is not cordless. It's old & abused--LOL!

    I've burnt out 2 electric brooms is why I don't trust cordless devices any more. They didn't work all that great to begin with and the real vacuum works so much better that fighting the cords is worth the aggravation compared to running out of power when you're only half finished or not working well enough and wishing you'd have just used the good old one to begin with.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    125
    When those electric brooms came out I was not too impressed with them too. It looked like you have to go super slow in order for the vacuum part to pick stuff. Kind of beats the purpose of sweeping. You may as well use the vacuum. Besides, the hand held Black and Decker ones never have worked right for me. I had owned three.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.