Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff 2046

Had to take my Kenmore cheapie in for repair this morning. While I was there the guy showed me a used (almost new) Pfaff 2046 that he'll sell me for $500. I looked on line, and these things run about $1400. Does anybody here use one? I've looked on line at all the features. I guess the deal breaker for me would be how well it does free motion quilting. I've been a total failure at it in the past, and I would love to be able to free motion some of my smaller quilts.

I have a 2046 Quilt Expression - is that what you are looking at? I bought it about 6-7 years ago?? for about $1900. It's a great machine, but I find it very fussy lately, and I'm not sure why.

I am not a FMQ (yet...) so I can't really give you my opinion on it.

I'm very happy with it, and I think for that price, you really can't beat it!!

Blog Entries
    I found several reviews of the Pfaff 2046 at PatternReview. Here is a link to the list:

http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/Pfaff

I just got a STEAL on a Pfaff Creative Vision...
    My first Pfaff machine and I love it, love it....
    It is a bit more picky than my Brother machines but it is wonderful....
    I would pick it up if it is a great deal...
    Don't know the model...but like they say, "Nothing sews like a Pfaff, nothing..."
    K

Pfaff is a good, industrial name ... one of the real workhorses in a factory, if they have one.
    If you want to do free motion quilting, though some don't do it, one of the most important things for me is to have feed dogs down feature ...
    I want a machine to sew forward, sew backward, feed dogs down.
    If you can move the needle left, middle, right ... that is a good bonus ...
    not necessary for FMQ, but a good feature for piecing and the odd project you might decide to do.

I have a 2170 (for embroidery) and a Performance 2048 (updated to a 2056). I cannot say enough good about them - The IDT (the built in dual feed) if fantastic - dont know how I sewed before without it. Sounda like a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by eparys
    I have a 2170 (for embroidery) and a Performance 2048 (updated to a 2056). I cannot say enough good about them - The IDT (the built in dual feed) if fantastic - dont know how I sewed before without it. Sounda like a great deal.
    I have a 2054. How is that compared to a 2056? Does anyone know?

I have a new Pfaff Quilt Expression 2046 that has a telfon bobbin and came with a 5 year warranty, and I paid lots more than the $500 your dealer is asking for. This is my 2nd Pfaff and I say Grab It! May in Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I have a 2170 (for embroidery) and a Performance 2048 (updated to a 2056). I cannot say enough good about them - The IDT (the built in dual feed) is fantastic - don't know how I sewed before without it. Sounds like a great deal.
    I have a 2054. How is that compared to a 2056? Does anyone know?
    :D I am clearly out to lunch today - mine is a 2054 - updated to a 2056. As far as I know - it is a software update which gives you more stitches and a few other things. It was done to the machine before I purchased it. I am not sure what else it entails but I do love it.

Blog Entries
    Double Ditto :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I have 3 Pfaffs - 2 sewing machines and a serger. Wouldn't be without them.