Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff 4.2 do you like it, paid how much for it

Blog Entries

Pfaff 4.2 do you like it, paid how much for it

do you like it, any problems and how much did you pay for it

I have Pfaff Expression 2.0. I love it. I got it four years ago and paid $1500, which put me in shock. I was just starting to quilt and my husband bought it for me for Christmas. It has been a workhorse for me though. I just finished my 84th quilt.

I am not sure how that helps you with a 4.2 though.

Dina

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.
    I have the 4.2. I LOVE it. I paid $2,000 for mine. It was a lot of money, but I don't regret buying it.

I have the Pfaff Performance 5.0, which is essentially the same machine as the 4.2, but with some additional features and some wider stitch options. I absolutely love mine!

Blog Entries
    There are 2 pfaff 4.2. Which one are you talking about? 4.2 at about $900 or the pfaff quilt expression 4.2 at about $2400
    not exact conversions from sterling pound approximates.
    i would love the expression quilter but it is expensive.will keep watching this site.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone. I just wanted some idea before I go shopping.

I love it and have had no problems. Have watched this video which gives a good overview of it?

You might still be able to pick up a QE4.0 for less than half the cost of the 4.2 which doesn't have enough new features to warrant the extra cost.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/Pf...xpression4.php
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric then sew it back together again? Really?"

I have the 4.0 and Performance 5. The main difference between the 4.0 and 4.2 is the on/off switch, some extra stitches and another quilting mode. As the above poster says, if you can get a 4.0 for a reduced price, you won't be disappointed. Good luck
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

I went to my local dealer to buy the 4.2 but when I got there the performance 5.0 was on sale for only a couple of hundred more. I tried them both and came home with the performance. I'm sure that I would have been happy with either they are really nice machines.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecozy View Post
    I went to my local dealer to buy the 4.2 but when I got there the performance 5.0 was on sale for only a couple of hundred more.
    That's a good price. At my local Pfaff dealer the 5.0 is $1500 dearer than the 4.2 and that's the sale price difference between the two. When I bought my 4.2 I couldn't see the value in paying $1500 more.

I hope you get as much enjoyment from your new machine as I'm getting from mine.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric then sew it back together again? Really?"

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecozy View Post
    I went to my local dealer to buy the 4.2 but when I got there the performance 5.0 was on sale for only a couple of hundred more. I tried them both and came home with the performance. I'm sure that I would have been happy with either they are really nice machines.
    This is exactly what happened to me! The Pfaff Expression 4.2 was priced at $1999 and the Performance 5.0 on sale for $2299 with 48 months free financing. I tested each and really liked the 4.2 (I was a bit scared of 5.0 at first)! But the more I played with them and with the low difference in price, I sprung for the 5.0. They are BOTH great machines!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

I bought the 4.2 last summer for around $2,400. Absolutely love it and haven't regretted the purchase one bit.

I'm thinking of buying the QE 4.2 as well. I'm so disappointed with my Brother. Any other experiences with the QE 4.2? If I can get the 4.0 (used) over here it's only a small price difference.

Blog Entries
    I went to a Pfaff Creative 4.5 instead so I can up grade to embroidery sometime. Got it for $ 2,999.00
    Third Pfaff I have bought from my dealer. Have a basic 9 years old and a serger 6 years old.

Bueniebabe - thank you for your input!

Purely,
    do you mind me asking which Brother you have and why the disappointment? I'm trying to decide between Pfaff and Brother which is why I ask.