Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff 7550/7570 Complete reference Guide

Pfaff 7550/7570 Complete reference Guide

Hi I just joined the Quilting Board because i am trying to find more info about Kim Filmore and Linnette Dowdell's book Pfaff 7550/7570 Complete Reference Guide.

I have the Pfaff 7550 sewing machine, the manual, and the two purple books. I was wondering if anyone has or had the Reference Guide above? If so, do you think it is a must have for the Pfaff 7550?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any input.
    Regards

There's a couple of groups on Yahoo that deal with those machines. I think they might have links to some of these sites. There's one for the Pfaff 2170, and I've seen posts about your machine there.
    Sew-What's-New has one.

Most of the stuff in the reference guide should be in the manual except a new reference guide just might be better written. There's probably tips and tricks.

http://pinterest.com/sewingexpress/p...are-tutorials/

I am new to the Quilting Board. I have a Pfaff 7550 and was looking for the same Reference Guide you indicated. There was a time it was available, but I missed my chance. I have done a lot of searching online with no success. I vaguely recall that the description said that it contained basically the same material as the Purple Books but without being so voluminous. I happen to have a copy of the Table of Contents -- that might ease your mind as to whether or not there is information you are missing:

Things to Know Before You Sew
    Sewing Functions
    Buttonholes (finishing the second bartack manually; programming the size while sewing; using preprogrammed sizes
    Darning & Free Motion
    Programming A Seam Length
    Twin Needle (locking stitch for quilt piecing; pinstitch applique trick; sewing with decorative stitches)
    Maxi Stitches
    Machine and Fabric Set Up
    Maxi Monograms
    Maxi Stitch Placement Using Templates
    Placement (Multiple Letters & Motifs)
    Placement (single motif)
    Programming M & P Memories
    M-Memory (8 direction stitches; deleting stitches in a sequence; programming alphabets; programming and altering a sequence; saving a sequence to a Programmable Card (7570 Only); sewing a sequence that has been saved to a Programmable Card (7570 only)
    P-Memory (changing a 6mm stitch to a 9mm stitch; removing the drop stitch from the enter of 9mm stitches)
    P-Memory & M-Memory (creating new stitch fro a machine stitch)
    Creative Designer
    About Programming sheets
    P-Memory (creating a 9mm stitch patter; creating P-memory Stitches Wider Than 9mm)
    Altering a Machine Stitch Pattern
    P-Memory (adding stitches in the middle of a machine stitch pattern adding stitches to the end of a machine stitch pattern; deleting a P-memory; deleting stitches; moving blocks of stitch points; moving individual stitch points)

The remainder of the reference guide deals exclusively with the Pfaff 7570 creative card and machine (hooped embroidery and machine embroidery)

Now, what I am wondering is whether or not you would be willing to sell me a copy of the purple books! I only have the owner's instruction manual and would like to move up the ladder in my skills!

Blog Entries
    I have two sets of the Owner's Manual and will sell you one. I will PM you.
    AudreyB
    Those who sleep under quilts are covered with love.