Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff maintenance question >

Pfaff maintenance question

Pfaff maintenance question

Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 AM

I own a Pfaff QE 4.0. Can anyone tell me how and where to oil the machine? We are down to one income and taking it for maintenance is not an option at this time. I have owned it a little over a year and I'm sure it needs oiling! Thanks for your help!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:05 AM

Hi, I have the same machine, there is no need to oil it.

Check your manual under maintenance it says no lubrication is necessary. Just keep it clean and lint free, it should be fine.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:19 AM

Keeping it lint free is super important! I clean mine after every 4-6 hours of sewing.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 AM

Thank you so much for your quick responses. I vacuum the lint frequently with a small attachment. The manual does say it is oil free maintenance, but I assumed it would be oiled by a technician at annual service and cleanings. It is still operating very nicely. Just wanted to help keep it that way and was worried since I am not able to get it professionally serviced at this time. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by cindyeval
Thank you so much for your quick responses. I vacuum the lint frequently with a small attachment. The manual does say it is oil free maintenance, but I assumed it would be oiled by a technician at annual service and cleanings. It is still operating very nicely. Just wanted to help keep it that way and was worried since I am not able to get it professionally serviced at this time. Thanks!
I have a pfaff which is also oil free. I guess they must oil it at some point but its so internal only for an expert.

Keep it clean is the key, blow/suck out the fluff and make sure there is no thread caught up inside. I have a freestyle which is not computerised so mine needs less attention I think the ones you have are computerised and should definately only be serviced by someon who knows what they are doing.

When I had my comp. brother during the service the tech took the mian body of the machine apart and cleaned the mother board and did all sorts of test on the circuits.

I must admit my machine usually has to throw a wobbly before I send it off for service with some minor ailment. It's latest attention seeking prank was starting to sew staircases instead of satin stitch... three dasy before my City and Guilds deadline. fortunately I can use my embroidery machine as a sewing machine in an emergency.

You have to consider the consequences of it going wrong verses having it regulalry serviced. Only you can answer that question.

however, traet it nice, don't bang it about and give it a good clean every now and then and you can probably afford to skip the yearly checkup and push to every other year.

Becks