Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfaff ?

Blog Entries
    I don't understand the IDT feature on Pfaffs. The Integrated Dual Feed- is it a foot that should come with the machine? Is it like a walking foot?

Yes, it's like a walking foot only smaller and built in. I love that feature in my Pfaff and use it for everything except embroidering. It does not come off the machine but you can disengage it if you want to. You can't go wrong with a Pfaff.

Blog Entries
    I like my Pfaff also....And so glad that it has that feature.

I just recently wore out my Pfaff I had for 25 years. So I looked at all the different machines out there and ended up buying another Pfaff. The Creative 4.0 I have had such good luck with the Pfaffs I have had, this is my 4th. The integrated dual feed is one of the features that Pfaff has and no other machine does. It is wonderful. It pulls the fabric evenly from top and bottom. I wouldn't sew without it.

I love mine! It's a built in walking foot but it's not like the clunky walking foot attachements for other machines. For the most part you hardly even know it's there.

I have the 4.0 pfaff and just love the built in walking foot

I have 2 Pfaffs. Love them both. Walking (IDF) is perfect for sewing more than one layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I don't understand the IDT feature on Pfaffs. The Integrated Dual Feed- is it a foot that should come with the machine? Is it like a walking foot?
    It is engaged by pushing a lever like thingy that you click onto the feet that come with the machine. You use your regular feet and engage the IDT to get the same results that you would from using a walking foot .

Some of the feet do not have the opening on the back where the IDT lever would click onto so those feet are not to be used with IDT.

This shows the black lever thingy that you click onto the feet.

http://www.pfaffmachines.co.uk/pfaff-idt.htm

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone!! JanieW, the picture of the lever made it easier to understand. Thanks!

My favorite LQS is also a Pfaff dealer. He told me that he has to order the machines with the IDT included so, it's possible there are Pfaffs out there without the IDT. Be sure to ask.

Yes. Mine is just like a walking foot but is built in. I can tell when I don't have it engaged. It makes such a difference.

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    I just recently wore out my Pfaff I had for 25 years. So I looked at all the different machines out there and ended up buying another Pfaff. The Creative 4.0 I have had such good luck with the Pfaffs I have had, this is my 4th. The integrated dual feed is one of the features that Pfaff has and no other machine does. It is wonderful. It pulls the fabric evenly from top and bottom. I wouldn't sew without it.
    Actually the new Bernina 830 and 820 have it. I just wish they had added it before I got my 640. I used to have a Pfaff and really loved the IDF. But I fmq a lot and the lever for lifting the presser foot is in the back on the Bernina, not inside the throat of the machine. I was always catching it with my quilt an knocking it out of darning mode, darn it! So I don't miss that!

Blog Entries
    Only one of my Pfaff's does NOT have IDT, and it is my little Pfaff Hobbymatic 947, LOVE the IDT dule feed,and love, love, love, my Pfaff's!!!

Yes, the Berninas do have the IDF, but they are in a class all their own. The are SOOOOO expensive and large. I looked at them when I was looking for a new sewing machine. It was amazing, the lady demonstrating the machine couldn't get it to work. The automatic threading mechanism was broken and it was a brand new machine. I left there and drove straight to the Pfaff dealer. The Pfaff Creative 4.0 with the embroidery unit was half the price of the Bernina 830. These Berninas are brand new machines and I think after they work out all the bugs they will be wonderful, if you can afford them. Also they are so large and heavy you would need a very sturdy table to hold them. You wouldn't want to carry them to a quilting class.

I love my Pfaff!!!!

I to love my Pfaff.I also have a Brothers a New Home and a Janome.The Pfaff with its built in walking foot is the bast.

I have a 20 year old Pfaff 1473--I wouldn't take anything for it! I've even considered watching for a used one to replace this one when it's worn out. It was my second Pfaff and if I ever replace the one I'm using now, it will be with another one.

Blog Entries
    I so feel that way about my 7570 I just could not do without it!!!

We have two Pfaffs that we use for piecing. The IDT feature is awesome and makes accuracy so easy. We didn't really look at other machines when we found out none of them had a feature to compare. If we ever wear one of our machines out we will look for another Pfaff.

Darren

I love my Pfaff, I had it since the 70s.

Love my Pfaff. One of the reasons I bought it was for the walking foot

I love the Pfaff for "real" sewing and have recently started quilting and the IDT is perfect. Now I'm spoiled and will always want this feature on my sewing machine. I don't understand why I would want a machine without it. Fortunately, my husband understands a quality machine is an extremely important issue. I've never regretted buying it.

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    Yes, the Berninas do have the IDF, but they are in a class all their own. The are SOOOOO expensive and large. I looked at them when I was looking for a new sewing machine. It was amazing, the lady demonstrating the machine couldn't get it to work. The automatic threading mechanism was broken and it was a brand new machine. I left there and drove straight to the Pfaff dealer. The Pfaff Creative 4.0 with the embroidery unit was half the price of the Bernina 830. These Berninas are brand new machines and I think after they work out all the bugs they will be wonderful, if you can afford them. Also they are so large and heavy you would need a very sturdy table to hold them. You wouldn't want to carry them to a quilting class.
    Yep. Eight thousand is a little rich for my blood! And even if I could afford it, I would wait for them to get any kinks out. I am not into being a beta test for anyone! I loved my Pfaff until it died and went to Home Economics Class Heaven!

I am on my second Pfaff and love it too. I started with the 7570, then traded it in for the 2144 which I have had for about 6 years. It is a dream. I just wish it had a larger throat like some of the newer models.

I bought a Pfaff 262 in 1968 and will never, ever get rid of it. It is so strong and I do most of my regular sewing on it. Now I did buy the extra walking foot for it from a Pfaff dealer in New Berlin, Wisconsin and it works great. I bought a Pfaff 2170 embroidery machine in Nov, 2008 which has the IDT. What a convenience having it built in and it works great. I also have a Pfaff 130, the great mechanical that is a Pfaff collector's item. Wow-my favorite thing to do on it is free motion quilting. I thought my Pfaff 262 was a tuffy, this thing is a super strong machine. Love my Pfaffs! I do use my mother's treadle to piece; a New England Queen she received as a wedding present in 1945.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast