Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Phillipa Naylor online classes >

Phillipa Naylor online classes

Phillipa Naylor online classes

Old 09-20-2020, 02:08 AM

Default Phillipa Naylor online classes

I came across this ad. and watched the introductory video. It looks good but I am wondering if anyone has taken classes from Phillipa Naylor or what you think of the offer. I am tempted, but cautious.

https://www.quiltersquestiontime.com

Old 09-20-2020, 04:56 AM

Could be worth watching the 1st one because it's only $1. But, I guess that you might think of it as if you were going to go to a seminar, you won't think it as bad to pay $150, (the cost of 12 months), and you can watch it over and over again. I think that I will give her a try with her 1st class and see how I like it.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:00 AM

I took a class with her at Quilt Con in Nashville 2019. She is a wonderful instructor and I really enjoyed her.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:11 AM

Default Philipa Naylor online classes

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
I came across this ad. and watched the introductory video. It looks good but I am wondering if anyone has taken classes from Phillipa Naylor or what you think of the offer. I am tempted, but cautious.

https://www.quiltersquestiontime.com
I am ready for class 8 of 9 of her series of 12. There will be a shorter follow up series which I am not going to take because only one interests me. However, David, her camera man and support person, just emailed me that it is possible to take one class for $30. I may do that for the Reverse Applique class. There are Closed Captions on all Series One because I asked for them. If you need them for Series Two, you will have to send email to [email protected].
Philippa is a wonderful teacher. She gives many tips and tricks throughout all classes. As you can see, if you have been quilting for awhile, most, if not all, of the subjects covered are not new, but trust me, you will learn new ways to accomplish old techniques. You can save some money by paying the full class price up front instead of monthly. You cannot download these classes and eventually they will be taken down, but Philippa says they will be available for quite some time. Her interpretation of "quite some time".
Above is the website of the classes. Correct spelling of her first name is Philippa in case you want to google. She has written 2 books which are sold out all over the US.
I recommend her classes. Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:47 AM

Thank you for the information. I tried the free trial and really enjoyed it so I think I will go ahead with the classes. I will keep an eye out for one of her books, also.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

I joined for the first lessons. They were very basic and nothing new. I didn't register for the rest. I don't want fluff added in the lessons and that seemed where it was going. Just my opinion. She does excellent work and I have seen her little prize winning quilts at Paducah.