Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Photo Album

Red face Photo Album

I love every quilt I have ever made, little or big. I have given most of them away. To make it hurt less, I take a picture of every quilt little or big, write on the back when and who I gave or donated it to. I then put it in a special small album (only for my quilts) and look at it often and remember the quilt and the person I gave it to or donated it to... I have made so many that I often forgot all about that quilt...

Blog Entries
    i was a machine knitter before computers were so good. i did the same thing with my knitted projects. it's nice to pull out that album all these years later. with my quilts, all the pics are digital on the hard drive with a back up on another hard drive.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

yes, I do this too, and journal a little about them in a private blog.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I do the same thing. I have a tiny album, and there's room to make notes. I put the 4 x 6 picture in, and make a note of who I gave it to and the date, and the special occasion.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
    I do the same thing. I have a tiny album, and there's room to make notes. I put the 4 x 6 picture in, and make a note of who I gave it to and the date, and the special occasion.
    I used to do this religiously but have really fallen off the wagon in doing it lately. And I'm so mad at myself because I've made quite a few quilts & there's no "record" of them anywhere. I need to get back to doing this! Thanks for reminding me.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I try to make notes and take pics too, but some slip by.

I have thought of making a mini quilt using the same fabrics, maybe just one block like in the quilt, or something so I can really "see" the quilt. I thought of making these as little "folders", with the mini quilt folded over (or make a front and back), then tuck notes and pics inside, maybe an occasional thank you note. But, have I done it yet? LOL you guess the answer!

Blog Entries
    I do this also in electronic form: my blog. I wanted a way to journal my quilts, their stories, and the recipients; and my husband suggested a "cloud-based" photo album. At the same time, a good friend of mine confessed she'd always wanted to write a blog, but was apprehensive about doing it on her own. So we jumped in together and have had a blast!

Blog Entries
    I have the pictures - probably about 50 just need to print them and put some info about who got the quilt, pattern, etc and get my album together. I think I'm having some minor knee surgery and during recovery this would be a good project.
    Quilting in the Desert