Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pickle Update >

Pickle Update

Pickle Update

Old 05-11-2019, 03:07 AM

Wow, reading this thread brings back alot of the same memories. This is a great thread, great reading. I tried everything to FMQ on my domestic machine, including classes to learn how to. I would always end up very frustrated. I then switched to QAYG method that I have been very happy with until I needed to sandwich the backing onto it. I now make mostly lap size quilts or throw size for donation. I found a very reasonable priced mid arm quilting machine with a frame on Craigslist and I was able to purchase it. I changed the frame to 5 feet and am having a blast learning this new to me technique and broadening my skills. The 5 foot frame fits in my quilt room and I can quilt up to a twin size by using the midarm to quilt a center, then using QAYG method to add borders, I realize I still have to sandwich the back on ( I have yet to do a twin using this method) I've only made throw size while building my skills. But it was a deal that fell into my lap so to speak and it was a winwin to me as I had pretty much given up FMQ on my domestic and I too feel like many have stated on here that I want all the stitching to be done by me.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:02 AM

Welcome to the Board Libits! I love your sense of humor. I don't have a lot to add on this subject because even though I am an experienced quilter and sewer, I mostly do baby quilts on my Janome 6600. I did purchase the table that is made for my machine to drop into and it was worth every penny in order for the quilt to lay flat. Good luck!