Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Piecer? or Finisher? >

Piecer? or Finisher?

Piecer? or Finisher?

Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 PM

I love piecers like you all.

Many piecers or toppers find their way to my door and let me have the honor of quilting their quilts. They quilt "by check" and let me do the actual quilting.

This gives them more time for piecing which they love, and earns me a living doing work that I love. WIN-WIN situation I say!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

I really enjoy the piecing and had quite a few of them accumulating, but I bought a longarm machine and now I love seeing them get a step further. The binding I go in spurts with. But I am going to be offering a special on all my longarm queen size quilting services tomorrow that are done with a pantograph for only $100. I will be posting that tomorrow so keep an eye out for it.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:21 PM

I'm also one of those finishers - for other people!! I figure that my lifetime will not be long enough to make all the quilts I want to make, so I live vicariously through you!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

I have a longarm machine and do lots of quilting for people on this board. I am running a special right now. I have a punch card when full, you get 20.00 off next project, meandering, loop meandering, and certain edge to edge patterns. I also offer a quantit doscount if you send two or more quilts.
Check out this thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51799-1.htm
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Kudos to the finishers! I heart you all! I'd rather piece and design and leave the quilting to the experts. I do quilt my smaller quilts but only because I can't afford to have them done professionally. ;) When I win the lottery I'm sending each and every one out! The finishers do such nice work!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM

I truly do like all aspects of quilting. Just in spurts. I love choosing the fabrics and patterns, cutting - eh, not my favorite but I do like seeing the stacks of pieces pile up. Then the peicing is so fun to see it all come together and the pattern emerge. The handquilting is fun as I sit with my husband and sons as they watch TV and I quilt. The hand work is my favorite by far.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:33 PM

I too love to piece but not quilt them, I have a friend that has a quilting machine and will do them for me. I don't mind putting the binding on and started a small type business putting bindings on for others charging 1.25 a linear foot and had a few customers that didn't like putting the bindings on. Finisehd 6 tops in a week since I couldn't go anywhere other than doctors with hubbie.
Marion
Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

I have lots and lots of tops!!! help!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:46 PM

I'm with Kathy - I like to start the quilt and then finish it before I begin another one. I get great satisfaction taking a picture of it and adding to my quilt album.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

I love the start to finish and I keep a good supply of batting in different sizes on hand. I finish one before starting another. I don't have enough storage space for UFOs. If someone else would finish them I couldn't say I made it. I get a lot of pleasure knowing I did it all myself.