Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Piecing with  1 1/2" squares >

Piecing with 1 1/2" squares

Piecing with 1 1/2" squares

Old 08-17-2021, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
I'm there with you, OK!! I love working with small pieces. I also have an OMG in progress. Such fun! Using a smaller stitch and sewing a bit slower does help.
Oh great to hear...can't wait to see yours, how far are you? I have a few blocks sewn, but lots of 4p and 9p to sew yet!
Old 08-18-2021, 02:48 AM

I don't think I could do individual 1.5 inch squares. I starch and sew 1.5" strips, then cut, then sew units to size block I want.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:31 PM

Default Pressing methods

Iron was a problem for me until I saw these two videos. The methods are exactly the same, but there are good tips to be learned.

The first video is from Karen Brown from Just Get It Done on YouTube. There are good tips at the beginning to help you reduce fatigue at the ironing board. Then she goes into her pressing methods. (35) How to Iron for Quilting - A Really Good Method - YouTube

The second video is from a Karen Montgomery video, but for some reason I can't find the link. I'm hoping someone has the link and can share it. I think it's from her Nine Patch group (which you need to join). Karen uses a similar method, but she has one more step where she presses the seam open and then to the side to complete the pressing processing.

I couldn't believe how much better my blocks turned out!

Last edited by thrums; 08-18-2021 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo