Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pinmoores >

pinmoores

pinmoores

Old 08-23-2012, 06:06 AM

I use them and love them. Tried the ear plugs, erasers, etc. etc. Don't think they work the same. They are stronger, tougher, and I have yet to see one of them break down. Didn't care for the quilting safety pins. Easier to pop a pinmoor onto a sharp quilting straight pin, and to pop them off during the quilting. I spray baste also-no shifting during the quilting. Makes the quilting go faster and smoother. For me, a lot less stress and frustration. Queen size quilt I use 100 pinmoors and flower pins. I now enjoy the quilting process. I did get them on sale through her site awhile ago. Along with the dedicated rulers, mats, and cutters I use, this was a worthy investment to me.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
has anybody tried these and how do you like them I use to spray baste but its getting so pricy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]357027[/ATTACH]hope this gets posted im kinda new and still learning my way around the board
thanks
I understand you are from the Lehigh Valley PA. I am from Bethlehem, and now live in AZ.....really miss Bethlehem
What part of Lehigh Valley are you from. Don't know how to post private message.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM

I love my Pinmoors. I use them for binding and also for my applique.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM

Pardon my stupidity, but what are those things? I have been quilting for a while, but not much lately. I just don't know what they are, or what they do.........
Judy
Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by judord View Post
Pardon my stupidity, but what are those things? I have been quilting for a while, but not much lately. I just don't know what they are, or what they do.........
Judy
The principle behind them is you use your straight pins, and put the 'plugs' on the end of your pin so it does not come out....to be used, I think, primary when basting a quilt sandwich togeter for quilting, to be used in place of safety pins...... I just thought they were a little on the expensive side for their use.....IMHO
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

There are lots of easy ways to baste a quilt and you have to try them all to find the one that saves time and is easy for you to do. I use the basting spray on smaller quilts. I rarely use safety pins and if I do I have the snap covers on them and use the Kiwk tool to open and close them. I found the tool works much better then a spoon Some I let the longarmer baste them for me. Some I put on my QSnap frame and thread baste. I use the Pinmores the most because it makes basting much faster and any straight pin can be used.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 AM

What am I doing wrong? My pins bend when I use pinmoors. I guess they are too flexible but I like them that way when I'm sewing. Back to the store for more beefy pins ....
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Where can we buy the Pinmoores?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

I think they would use well to pin the paper patterns to the quilt as well. I use the 505 and regular straight pins for the paper pattern. Of course I prick myself all the time. Silly me.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM

My daughte has them and she's happy with them