Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 PM

I've finished 30 so far. Using 15 along with some solid blocks to make a quilt for one of my daughter's dialysis patients. Then I'm going to use some more for a baby gift I just found out about. Was going to put them all into a king size quilt - guess I'll just have to make more.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
WOO HOO!!! I am done!!! Top is finished, now to put on the backing and decide how I will quilt it. I had limited yardage as I couldn't find yardage for the backing in the design I wanted so had to settle. I had a jelly roll, so I cut that up into scrappy lengths and used that for the border; will put a row in the backing also. Forgot to take a pic of the backing.

That's lovely! I can't remember if you were using 10" or 12" blocks for these but they seem to work well together.

Today is day 25!
Lots of time left to get lots more pinwheels made!

Keep it up!
:-D
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by misseva
I've finished 30 so far. Using 15 along with some solid blocks to make a quilt for one of my daughter's dialysis patients. Then I'm going to use some more for a baby gift I just found out about. Was going to put them all into a king size quilt - guess I'll just have to make more.
How lovely to make gifts.
Keep it up!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by grann of 6
WOO HOO!!! I am done!!! Top is finished, now to put on the backing and decide how I will quilt it. I had limited yardage as I couldn't find yardage for the backing in the design I wanted so had to settle. I had a jelly roll, so I cut that up into scrappy lengths and used that for the border; will put a row in the backing also. Forgot to take a pic of the backing.

That's lovely! I can't remember if you were using 10" or 12" blocks for these but they seem to work well together.

Today is day 25!
Lots of time left to get lots more pinwheels made!

Keep it up!
I used 10" layer cakes. I got the backing finished this afternoon. I hope to get it sandwiched tomorrow. You know how it is, once you get going you can't wait to get finished. I have a 2-yard and a 1-yard of 2 of the prints that I am going to make pillowcases out of. And I have a couple squares to make some shams, I think.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:50 PM

Grannof6 = love your quilt! pieced border is a terrific addition.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Today is day 26! Where is the time going?

Keep working all!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Okay, I'm starting on another batch for a QFK. The colors aren't right, will have to post in daytime. The black coordinating fabric is airplanes. The big quilt is all pinned and ready to be quilted; just have to decide what I am going to do on it. Maybe tomorrow that will get started. How is everyone doing?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162884.jpe  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Keep working all!
I'm working, I'm working...and having lots of fun! I decided I had so many different sizes & color variations from scraps I'd made into the pinwheels, that I'd do several projects. What do you think? All are just finished tops. I'm also working on 2 quilts. Pics when tops are done.

I forgot to say that I use the 1/2 sq triangle method for all. Use the rosette method for the flatter center. Then, on the last one I decided to use the pressing the seams all open method, and I'll be darn if they didn't all turn out perfect center match & very flat block! Thanks for the hint! I will always do pinwheels this way now!!!

Leftovers from the above original tablerunner (you see backing & binding will be same as inner border)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115680[/ATTACH]

This one used the 1st pinwheel I made on the Viking I'm learning...not a great match; tablerunner(you see backing & binding will be blue)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167697[/ATTACH]

Pinwheels are better, my own pattern to use what scraps I had (you see backing & binding will be tan)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167698[/ATTACH]

Pinwheels even better (you see backing & binding undecided)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167699[/ATTACH]

Then I made this tablerunner, it's the original pattern (you see backing & binding will be same as inner border)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-115675.jpe   attachment-167692.jpe   attachment-167693.jpe   attachment-167694.jpe   attachment-168124.jpe  

Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Originally Posted by CherryPie
ErinMarie....those are awesome. I think you should keep going with those colors. You will have a beautiful quilt when you finish. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ditto Erin, your pinwheels look fabulous!
Thanks for the feed back - I put them away for a few days and just looked again. Not as bad. Maybe they need a few more days? ;)
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM

Keep working all!
I'm working, I'm working...and having lots of fun! I decided I had so many different sizes & color variations from scraps I'd made into the pinwheels, that I'd do several projects. What do you think? All are just finished tops. I'm also working on 2 quilts. Pics when tops are done.
Wow- you have been really busy! I love them all!