Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM

YIPPEEEEE, just put on the last row. I think I'll take a couple days off and decide on a border.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM

I have finished!! It is my very first quilt and I have enjoyed every minute of it..Wanted to post a picture but my kids used my camera and now I can not get it to load any pictures :-(
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 AM

Does anyone know where to find a pattern for a round table cover, using pinwheel blocks?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM

I finished 18 more pins this weekend for a total of 48. Now to get started on the next batch.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:34 AM

I am glad you guys are still working on your pinwheels. Just let me know when you need another pep talk, I will be happy to give you one. I am off pinwheels for a bit. I was busy this weekend "repurposing" rooms. I had a small room I was using as a "library" with a wall of bookcases and have been sleeping in there on the air mattress because of Gus's knee surgery. That room is now the guest room, since it is the smallest room. The larger room that was the guest room/play room/ auxiliary sewing room now has a wall of bookcases and will leave room for the new "baby" expected to arrive on Wednesday. I will post pics when all is finished.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I am glad you guys are still working on your pinwheels. Just let me know when you need another pep talk, I will be happy to give you one. I am off pinwheels for a bit. I was busy this weekend "repurposing" rooms. I had a small room I was using as a "library" with a wall of bookcases and have been sleeping in there on the air mattress because of Gus's knee surgery. That room is now the guest room, since it is the smallest room. The larger room that was the guest room/play room/ auxiliary sewing room now has a wall of bookcases and will leave room for the new "baby" expected to arrive on Wednesday. I will post pics when all is finished.
I've been working on my bedroom/sewing room this weekend, too. Trying to rearrange things in the small walk-in closet so I can get all my stash I've been buying in there (hopefully). Congrats on the new "baby". You'll have to send us pictures when you get it. As soon as I can get the ironing board unloaded, then I'll be working again on my blocks. Have all my pinwheels done (I think) but am adding a square around them. I'd like to get the quilt all done by 4/9 but I'm sure gonna have to do some serious sewing/quilting. The quilt is for my DGD's 3rd BDay. Better get off here and get started!! Happy guilting all.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Forgive me! I got so caught up in the mare stare I never did get in to post yesterday on day 45!

Today is day 46 and a wonderful rainy day here in very dry Florida.
I hope this puts out some fires burning around the upper part of my county. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow but I hope it holds off until the afternoon! Can't have it interfering with golf!

I'm glad to hear that some are still working or at least thinking about their pinwheels! Me too!

:-D

Grann: don't work too hard and not be able to use the baby!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Forgive me! I got so caught up in the mare stare I never did get in to post yesterday on day 45!

Today is day 46 and a wonderful rainy day here in very dry Florida.
I hope this puts out some fires burning around the upper part of my county. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow but I hope it holds off until the afternoon! Can't have it interfering with golf!

I'm glad to hear that some are still working or at least thinking about their pinwheels! Me too!

Grann: don't work too hard and not be able to use the baby!
Do you believe that I went to bed around 10:30 giving up on seeing the big arrival! I must have just missed it. Well, the room is done and ready for the new "baby". We'll have to think of a good name for him or her. I don't believe in naming babies till I have met them and find out their personality.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM

here are two that I finished that I also practiced my FMQ on as well - they are going to a shriner's Children's hospital

RED RED RED ! 53" square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176640[/ATTACH]

Blues and Browns and Greens Scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176641[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176634.jpe   attachment-176635.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MYWR
here are two that I finished that I also practiced my FMQ on as well - they are going to a shriner's Children's hospital
Great job!!!! Love them both :!: :D :D :D