Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
This is late in the day,but someone posted their blocks didn't have the blades going in the right direction.Here's mt 1st block...not the best pic, but a couple pins hold it where I can check each of my blocks.Even so, I not only sewed one wrong,but did it twice!! :(
I'm with you....I took my very first pinwheel when it was finished and it's pinned up in front of me.....those blades will go in the right direction if it kills me. Also if when I go to sew, I don't feel the two seams nesting, I know I once again picked them up wrong.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by susiequilt
You seem to have a lot of lights in the upper left and lots of darks in the bottom.
This is what jumps out at me also, but I didn't know if it was planned.
David Went suggested I go with values, so I am still playing. I was trying to go from lights to darks. I didn't like it with them all mixed up. Some of them are just impossible to find the right spot. Thanks for your help.
I hesitated saying anything, because it is hard to know sometimes what the final goal is. Keep playing with them and you will find a design you like.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:13 AM

I thought of how many HSTs in a pile of pinwheels & spent 30 seconds considering a diff block.Nah....will stay with PWs.Ever notice it seems the "simple"? blocks are more of a pain....or maybe it's just me.I need to try more diff ways of making these as I'm not happy with the lumpy center bump.

I'm with you....I took my very first pinwheel when it was finished and it's pinned up in front of me.....those blades will go in the right direction if it kills me. Also if when I go to sew, I don't feel the two seams nesting, I know I once again picked them up wrong.[/quote]
Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 AM

Hi Marcia photos of the block. Help needed i am not sure of the placements whether to mix or just do rows of the same color! Any suggestion would be very much appreciated :)

Originally Posted by marcias
capicine, picture of blocks, pls.? Congratulations and God bless you on your surgery.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138280.jpe   attachment-138295.jpe  
Old 02-14-2011, 03:41 AM

Your blocks look nice.Haven't looked at mine together yet....so have no advice.

[quote=capucine]Hi Marcia photos of the block. Help needed i am not sure of the placements whether to mix or just do rows of the same color! Any suggestion would be very much appreciated :)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by capucine
Hi Marcia photos of the block. Help needed i am not sure of the placements whether to mix or just do rows of the same color! Any suggestion would be very much appreciated :)

Originally Posted by marcias
capicine, picture of blocks, pls.? Congratulations and God bless you on your surgery.
As with mine, just keep trying different ways till you find one you like. Mine are still on the bedroom floor so I can look at them today in brighter light. Take pictures each time. I find I see things better through the cameras eye.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 AM

Thank you sewing the square was fun placing the colors is another story :(
Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 AM

I knew I should not of picked up needle and thread yesterday..Was not in the "right frame of mind to sew" and sure enough..I ended up mutilating one square of my pinwheels :cry:
Old 02-14-2011, 06:08 AM

[quote=capucine]Hi Marcia photos of the block. Help needed i am not sure of the placements whether to mix or just do rows of the same color! Any suggestion would be very much appreciated :)

My hubby and I like the 1st scrappy one more, it shows the secondary block better; also, it is not as obvious as the rows of one color that some of the blocks have the main color against the main color, losing the pinwheel, instead of against the background color. Just my 2cents worth. Thanks for posting the pics.

:thumbup:
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 AM

Ok I need help please. My points dont come out right . What is it. Doing something wrong.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151621.jpe