Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Today is day 37!
I have again changed my mind. I just don't like the stars so back to plan B!
Solid backing squares between the pinwheels.

:-D
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 AM

I've finished my top and pieced the backing! Tomorrow I'll layer and maybe by next weekend I'll have it quilted.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 AM

topday is NationalQuilt day ! - so I will finish the two pinwhel qilts I have finished (55 piwheels in all) and add the 20 I hve yet to ocmeup with a desing for - that is my weekend - project. I';ve gotten pinwheels NAILED thanks for this project and 3 charity quilt almsot done Wil show pix later tr today- 75 pinwheels I will call that completed and start my own next challange whichis flying geese - THANK YOU for coming up with this challange!! NEXT: flying geese ! always wanted to do those suckers !! anyone else for that challange??
Old 03-19-2011, 06:34 AM

Hey Susiequilt, I'm with you! I'm no longer excited about my pinwheels, nothing seems to look good so I've decided to cut my project down to a smaller size. I still have to make another 20 but hopefully I'll be finished with those within the next few days.

Instead of my pinwheels getting better, they're getting worse!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:11 AM

LOL.....gonna set mine on point with plain blocks of fabric for a table cover & call it done!

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Hey Susiequilt, I'm with you! I'm no longer excited about my pinwheels, nothing seems to look good so I've decided to cut my project down to a smaller size. I still have to make another 20 but hopefully I'll be finished with those within the next few days.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter

Okay everyone!!!! Time for a pep talk! Don't get discouraged! You made it half way through this project! Stick with it to the end and you will be so proud of yourself. The problem is, spring is on its way, the sun is shining and you want to get on to something new! Let's all stick with it and have fun! I am not done with the quilting on mine either, and need to get back to it. My problem is that I went to the Lancaster Quilt Show and saw the work others are doing and it makes me feel so inferior. While I was so proud of my silk quilt, I realize after seeing the ones in the show that my work is just "Schmuck". But let's not be discouraged by others' work. My DDIL pointed to the fact that our quilts are filled with our love and that is what is important. So enough with the !!!!!s and on with the pinwheels. Good Luck everyone :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep smiling :D
Old 03-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the pep talk grann of 6.

I can do this, I can do this! :thumbup:
Old 03-19-2011, 04:53 PM

I have finally caught up with reading. I got dropped after page 72. However that does not excuse me from getting behind with my blocks(chuckle) I have been busy making 5 tuplip quilts for 5 sisters using their deceased mothers pajamas in the tulips. All the new post are very pretty.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Well, we should be half way there!
Today is day 38!

I'll get mine done if it kills me!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Well, we should be half way there!
Today is day 38!

I'll get mine done if it kills me!

From one Susie (Suzie) to another...You can do it, You can do it... Just keep repeating it to yourself. Just remember....THIS WAS YOUR IDEA :!: :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am determined to get to the basement today to do more quilting on the pinwheels on the embroidery machine. I also have to figure out where I am going to put the Long Arm I just ordered :roll: