Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Planet Patchwork One Day Mystery is Back >

Planet Patchwork One Day Mystery is Back

Planet Patchwork One Day Mystery is Back

Old 07-12-2009, 02:46 PM

so, I found out that they told us to make more HST's in step six, at about the second sentence ... they really snuck that one in there.... but how did the 2x3 block arrangement, end up looking like the picture referenced on twitter site that Bella Boo referenced?
If you go to that link, you have a fairly good idea of what my quilt looks like, with the exception of the sashings that are a light/medium blue, and the border that is of the same color ...
I will be going to town on Tuesday, for workday at the Post, so that will be the earliest I can post a picture, unless I break down and decide to go to town earlier <g>
and, no, I just woke up from nap and am not done with the quilt, but I am going to finish it exactly as I cut it out to be ... and may decide to do another one, JUST to see what it looks like if I do this, this, and this ... all you obsessives, know exactly what I am talking about! LOL
Will check back in later <wave>
Old 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

So yeah, I don't read very well at apparently, I did that in a couple of places, I guess I need a different type of instructions, i am not sure how they would change it to make it easier to follow or it is just me.

I had trouble with the cutting directions as well. I am not sure, Maybe it is just the way I do things or ar used to doing things, maybe if their chat was working I wouldn't have had an issue, I didn't try to get on the twitter, I figured I wanted to do the quilt rather than mess with the computer.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

I think we jsut did a smaller version of the quilt represented on there, I have mine posted here

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...92.page#440970

Where I was posting all day, I hope to get more on their soon, I have to go and press my hst's, I have slowed right down. not understanding kind of messed me up, not that I didn't know what to do with them, I went back and cut mine in half as well as that is how I like to do mine, not draw a line and sew on either side, that way annoys me. I hope everyone got as much as they wanted done and had a good time doing it.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:15 PM

I went SLOW and will continue to do so. I had to rip a couple of seams out, broke a needle, cut one of the blocks wrong (of course one I had no extra fabric) so I steam seamed it back together (will quilt over the boo boo) and my iron went out! I was :roll: not a happy camper. Then I had company come over. I'm on step 3 and will finish if it kills me!!!!!!!!!! WHENEVER I do I will post a pic........ regardless of the outcome. Also, I wasted a lot of time looking for the chat, then trying to twiter, which I never did. Oh, well, wonder when the next one is going to be?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Company is gone, finally!!!!!!! Going to buy a new iron, and get back to quilting!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:34 PM

THe stories I can tell you about "reading" the instructions, and suddenly realizing that I wasn't reading what I thought I read!
It is a common thing with people who think ahead of things, I think.
Sorry about the irons that died, hope you can find a ten dollar one at Rite-Aid or some place like that ...
I did the link the cutebuns posted, and that is one really handsome quilt!
I have all of these bits and pieces, and I think I am going to use all your quilts to do another one ...
I saw a lady on here one time say that she takes all the scraps from one quilt and sews them together right after completing the quilt so that there are no left-overs ... maybe I will go ahead follow her lead and do the same thing.
catch up with y'all later ... I am just now finishing the corner squares of the big Hunter star.
I think with the next one? I am going to use one of those leftover half square triangles from this step, rather than the little 2 inch squares.
on my way out to feed!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Whew, what a SLOW sewer I am!! Each step so far has taken me two rather than one hour. Some have taken more. But I have persevered and have now reached the point where I see what I'm making. Up until now I've been good about not looking ahead, but I'm afraid the instructions will disappear, so I peeked at the last two steps. With all those little triangles, I was pretty sure we had a sawtooth border. I'm not going to push myself now, but will definitely finish this week.
This is a pattern I would have said was beyond my ability, but it has been fun to follow the instructions, and I will say that I'm happy with how my corners have turned out. They're not all perfect, but the learning experience has been good.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-21819.jpe   attachment-32707.jpe  
Old 07-13-2009, 11:12 AM

B.zang .... GOOD JOB!
Cutebuns created another listing for the mystery quilt, so be sure to head over there with your pictures ....
:cry: I won't be able to post mine until tomorrow evening, but, I sure want you to know yours is a beautiful quilt! Need some clappy hands, here ... where are the smilie face geniuses when I need them????
Anyway, It is just noon now in washington state, and I have the second border on (step 6) and will be finished with round 7 tonight (famous last words! <g>)
What is really fun is that before the mystery day started, I was telling my RT quilters about the mystery and that I was dedicating this quilt to Operation 1161 ... we are looking for a specific sized lap quilt for our returning outfit .... and, isn't it grand???? the mystery quilt is exactly the size we are striving for .... I guess, this mystery was meant to be ...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/22692.page

here is where the rest of this thread is, B. Zang ... CB has her quilt on display ... and, I went and told them to come over to this thread to see your progress, but I thought you might want to put your pictures over there, too!
Anyway, catch you later <wave>
Old 07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

That is awesome BZang, I love your color choices. That turned out so great. Keep it up, I can't wait to see the final product.