Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please guide me in this decision....Crown Jewel and Pearl Frame? >

Please guide me in this decision....Crown Jewel and Pearl Frame?

Please guide me in this decision....Crown Jewel and Pearl Frame?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:16 AM

Default Please guide me in this decision....Crown Jewel and Pearl Frame?

I've been looking at longarms, but my price cap is $7500. I can get a new Crown Jewel with Pearl frame. I've tried it and like it. I've tried a used APQS Lenni and did not like the visibility around the needle area, being compromised by the handles situated on a bar that runs across the front of the machine. Also, the machine was more difficult to move on the track, and seemed heavy, although it's actually lighter than the Crown Jewel. Please give me guidance on this...and quickly, since I may go this afternoon and buy the CJ.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

I'm assuming that you were able to test drive them at dealerships. Sometimes the dealer is the make or break part of the purchase. Do they offer lessons? What happens when you get stuck on something? If you live close enough, some dealers will come to your house for setup and lessons.
To be honest, it sounds like you've made your choice!
Here's a post from just a few days ago on this very topic.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...n-t182097.html

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

The 18" Innova with standard stitch regulator is on sale for $8695. It has some extras in the package too. I know that's over your price cap, but it's something to consider. I don't have any information about the CJ, but I do know that I love my Innova. http://innovalongarm.com/specials.php
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 AM

I have a Jewel and love it...

Diannia
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

I have a Crown Jewel and love it also. I do not have the quilt motion or other software with it and have found that I can do without it. I make my own pantographs and am now able to do quite a bit of free motion with it. Mine has a Grace Majestic frame which I really like also. I am not familiar with the Pearl.
I would suggest that you attend the class in St. Louis that Baby Lock does - 4 days with Kay Capps Cross. I could never have gotten as far and felt as confident as I do now without that. The class was included for me with the deal I got at a quilt show. But I had to pay to get there and for food and lodging. (They hooked me up with another student as a roommate which helped.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM

I touched the Crown Jewel and the frame and loved how it felt. But it's the first machine I've touched. But according to the pricing quoted by the dealer, sounds like a good deal. The Crown Jewel and table look identical to the Handiquilter Avante and frame. I wonder if HQ makes them for Babylock.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM

Whew! I just did it...I bought the Crown Jewel and Pearl frame. Next to marrying my husband, this is the biggest decision I think I ever made. I made the right choice marrying him, and I hope I made the right choice buying this quilting machine. It's expected to arrive Friday, and I'll be wringing my hands waiting for it. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Google Goddess

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by so-sew View Post
Whew! I just did it...I bought the Crown Jewel and Pearl frame. Next to marrying my husband, this is the biggest decision I think I ever made. I made the right choice marrying him, and I hope I made the right choice buying this quilting machine. It's expected to arrive Friday, and I'll be wringing my hands waiting for it. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
I touched the Crown Jewel and the frame and loved how it felt. But it's the first machine I've touched. But according to the pricing quoted by the dealer, sounds like a good deal. The Crown Jewel and table look identical to the Handiquilter Avante and frame. I wonder if HQ makes them for Babylock.
The crown jewel is the HQ Avante, they do make it for them
Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 PM

I'd go crown jewel because you seemed to like it more, you should be comfortable with it, it is a big purchase