Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please share your Homemade/repurposed sewing tables! >

Please share your Homemade/repurposed sewing tables!

Please share your Homemade/repurposed sewing tables!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster View Post
Great comments on using dining table.

I thought this was kind of funny because my sewing room used to be the dining room!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM

I love this idea... one of these days I might be able to get my crafty son to create something like this for me... [QUOTE=RugosaB;5594356]
Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
I'll try and get some pics tomorrow, but basically:
We bought 2 unfinished kitchen base cabinets at Home Depot, that he took off the toe kick. That, coupled with the 2 in base that he made for my foot pedal, results in everything being the right height for me
Built a shelf connecting the 2 that the machine sits on, with a hole in the counter top, so it is recessed
That by itself is a good sized table, but he added another 2 1/2 ft x 4 ft top that's on hinges, so it folds down. So far, it Got the pics:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:29 PM

I really really want to get my sewing machine recessed... I just got a Juki 2000 and I know I want it to set in.... or I need to get a riser of some sort to put my foot pedal on... My Juki will fit in to the table for my Tin Lizzie but there wouldn't be a cut out for the knee lift... I have some thinking to do. I will probably be looking for a cheap desk or table that I can cut apart
Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Thank you for all the great ideas! While Halloween costume shopping for my littles today I was looking for a farm style table. Instead we found a sewing table with drawers and a recessed spot for machines, and the back half has a drop down leaf. It's made of real wood and has a wood insert in case there isn't a machine in it. It needs a little refinishing and new drawer pulls but I think it will work well. Best of all it was only $20! Now I need to find a place to make some plexiglass inserts.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I really really want to get my sewing machine recessed... I just got a Juki 2000 and I know I want it to set in.... or I need to get a riser of some sort to put my foot pedal on... My Juki will fit in to the table for my Tin Lizzie but there wouldn't be a cut out for the knee lift... I have some thinking to do. I will probably be looking for a cheap desk or table that I can cut apart

Ohhh I forgot about the knee lift! I will have to have dh drill a hole. My new table will used both for my featherweight and my brother. The brother has a knee lift that I love.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:20 PM

My dear husband redid an old metal office desk for me. It's the old style with 2 drawers on one side and 3 on the other. We took the middle drawer out and threw it away. In place of that, he cut a rectangle that fits my machine and built a drop down area that my machine fits in.
It cost nothing and works like a charm.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 AM

Wow.....this was such an interesting thread!!!! so many cool ideas!