Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Poly batting users

Poly batting users

I just received an order from Hancock's of Padukah. A king size Hobbs Tuscan Collection polyester batt. It is very nice - a little thicker that most, almost soft. Resin bonded, siliconized, premium fibers, quilts to 4", good priced, reasonable shipping. I think I'm going to like it. It makes me wish I had the quilt ready.

Power Poster
    ​Are you hand or machine quilting with it? Let us know how it goes when you quilt with it.

Yesterday while cleaning out my sewing room I came across a Hobbs polyester batting and am wondering what to do with it. I'll be following this thread. It's been a long time since I used poly. Forgot how it works up.

I often use Hobbs Polydown batting especially for those quilts that are just a little wonky. The extra loft fills out the valleys and produces a great looking quilt. This batting is easy to quilt and washes and wears well. Nothing bad to say about this batting and I always have a roll on hand.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I buy 5 oz. poly batting from Marshall's and love it. It makes a lighter, fluffier quilt than cotton. Beautiful drape too.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just used Hobbs Polydown in the fan quilt, but it wasn't as soft as I remembered it being several years ago. This Tuscan Collection one is quite soft and thicker. I will machine quilt it.

Mostly all I use is poly batting- hi loft. I love it, warmth without the weight.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I love poly batting, it's all I use. I get nice stitch definition, warmth without weight, and the dryer doesn't take forever to dry them.

This one is nice and thick. Better definition is what I am looking for.

I think people who quilt with domestic machines like cotton because the fabric kinda clings to it. But I do like the feel of a quilt with poly batting.