Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Polyester Batting >

Polyester Batting

Polyester Batting

Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
To me I have already spent alot of time and money on to make the top !! I am picky too about my backing , to me its just as imortant as the pieced front.
I totally agree with you about the importance of batting, however, how are you supposed to try different types and know which ones to avoid if you don't try them. It is a Fairfield poly, and is currently loaded with the quilt on my frame. While I do not like the texture or the feel of this batting, it is holding up well. It did not separate, tear, or anything else while I was loading the 3 layers. I decided to let it rest overnight to see if anything else happens to it, and nothing did. So now I guess I have no more excuses and must start quilting it today. Will I ever use poly again...too soon to tell, but other than the feel of it, it seems to of held up so far.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM

Don't laugh it is me again the one who bought your frame. I have a friend who has a long arm much like your set up and she used the poly only, she likes the feel of it. She used the medium loft it is the 6mm I believe and I have seen the results. She appears to do a lot of feathering she likes the pouffy look as compared to using the cotton and natural fibers. She tells me to stay away from the walmart brand and buy off the roll as the batting quality is more consistent. You might be making a trip to Fabric land soon