Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
portable project storage containers >

portable project storage containers

portable project storage containers

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

clotilde's, nancy's notions, fon's & porter's love of quilting, elenor burns quilt in a day, keepsake quilting, connecting threads, atlanta thread co....all carry such project containers- i'm surprised you have a problem finding them- i probably own 15 different project totes/carrying cases- (and i'd buy another one too---i have so many projects going on all the time)
also any and all craft type stores like hobby lobby & michaels all carry very functional ones- usually in the scrap book areas---
i'm glad they haven't hit the quilting isles- for some reason once (quilting) is included in the label the price jumps a couple bucks
Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
clotilde's, nancy's notions, fon's & porter's love of quilting, elenor burns quilt in a day, keepsake quilting, connecting threads, atlanta thread co....all carry such project containers- i'm surprised you have a problem finding them- i probably own 15 different project totes/carrying cases- (and i'd buy another one too---i have so many projects going on all the time)
also any and all craft type stores like hobby lobby & michaels all carry very functional ones- usually in the scrap book areas---
i'm glad they haven't hit the quilting isles- for some reason once (quilting) is included in the label the price jumps a couple bucks
I've even found them on clearance at a camera store.

I have some of each size, the thin ones work great for smaller projects and the regular ones work great for just the blocks and the double deep are great to put a whole project in.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 AM

OMG!!! Thank you! I have searched for hours online putting every word variation I could think of and this one never came up. I just ordered a couple of them.
peggy
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 AM

It's always good to check the fishing aisle first when shopping for plastic storage. They often have similar containers at a lower price than in the crafty aisles.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by peggy463
I cannot believe there are NO "portable" "quilting" project storage containers on this planet. There are smaller one plastic satchels, but they only hold smaller projects. With all the quilting that goes on in this world how come no one has invented a carry along "single compartment" project tote with some depth? I am just baffled by this. Do any of you know of some? Here is one but it has stationary compartments and I want it without compartments( http://www.aceartsupplies.com/Super_...rce=googlebase )
Peggy
yes they have..and I own many of them...check out
http://www.checkerdist.com/products/notions/?c=33328

there are a lot of choices!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:30 PM

I have about a dozen of the ArtBin cases. Got them all at JoAnn's with a coupon. Sometimes they have them for 50% off, too. I also got a couple at Michael's for $8.00, but they don't have handles. Love them because they stack.
Sue
Old 07-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Eleanor Burns makes soft vinyl 'zippered' carriers for projects. Here is a link for one that is 11" x 13".

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...lay.asp?i=2344

I got some that are 15" x 15" that have handles on them. Not good for long-term storage, but good for carrying to classes and such.