Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Portrait quilt >

Portrait quilt

Portrait quilt

Old 07-12-2015, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

OMG Nanna that pic of Gus is Fabulous. The expression on his face and the position of him sitting in the driver's seat with paw on the steering wheel. Those eyebrows and whiskers make him look like an old man. Too funny! What breed of dog is that?

Tartan, I am not 100% positive but based on photos of her past class it looks like she crops out the animal with no background elements at all. I am to select a plain background fabric. So I think she is just going to capture the cat only in the pattern.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:00 AM

Purr-fect!!!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 10:05 AM
KLO

I'll bet it was hard for you to chose one of your pets since the one's you showed are all beautiful. The three of them look so well kept and intelligent. Good luck with the class. Wish I were nearby to take that class also. Cannot wait to see what you come home with after the second day.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
OMG Nanna that pic of Gus is Fabulous. The expression on his face and the position of him sitting in the driver's seat with paw on the steering wheel. Those eyebrows and whiskers make him look like an old man. Too funny! What breed of dog is that?
Yes, Gus is certainly a character. We love him but he's not great at coming to us when we call. We live in the woods in the summer so sometimes we really need him to come to us. If we start the truck, he's there, lickety split. He's ALWAYS ready to GO. In fact you have to be careful to not say GO in a sentence because he knows what it means.
I could take that same picture almost daily (might have to put his paw on the steering wheel but he'd let me do that).

Gus is a German Wirehaired Pointer.... very energetic, very needy for attention and very strong willed.

I am so excited to hear about your class and how you will make the picture of your sweet cat. I'm clueless right now about how you would do that but I'd sure like to try it.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:05 AM

Awe, that's the perfect pic for that I think! Can't wait to see it, your shepherds are so beautiful, and Gus too, he does look like a character. All of ya'll are so blessed to have fur babies, I sure miss mine, and not allowed any here, wah!
Old 07-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Power Poster

If anyone can do that cat portrait, you can with your talents.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:07 AM

Nana up North, I love the dog in your picture. What kind of dog is he? He look adorable.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

Excellent timing on snapping that picture of your cat. What a beautiful expression on it's face. Have fun.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:47 AM

Ok, I give up....what is the instructors name....even when you click on her profile...no name. I saw a Facebook blog finally on the margin.....Debbie Miller?. She really needs to put her name visibly on her page. Very talented lady...I bet you have tons of fun.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Ok, I give up....what is the instructors name....even when you click on her profile...no name. I saw a Facebook blog finally on the margin.....Debbie Miller?. She really needs to put her name visibly on her page. Very talented lady...I bet you have tons of fun.
Yes she appears to have abandoned her blog as it has not been updated since 2012. I didn't realize that when I posted the link. She does seem to be more active on Facebook. Her name is Debbie Butler Miller.