Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm getting the hang of this,however, I still can't figure out some things. I haven't posted a picture yet. I don't get the blog thing either.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
and when you just want to clean out the existing subscriptions...click on Setting at the top of the screen...right in the middle of the screen are all your present subscriptions...there is a choice in pale blue after each one that allows you to unsubscribe right from that screen... My Account >General Settings will get you to the right place to keep new ones from coming in...but this is faster to clean out the old ones...
Right there in plain site! Thank-you, I really didn't see it.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Did anyone notice that you actually get an extra pop up window when you click from the newly posted area so you do not have to keep going back to email to find them or the back button and go thru every page you were before. What a great feature!!!
Can you explain this? Not sure what you mean by "newly posted area". I really need a "Quilting Board for Dummies".
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm finding new things every time I log in. Bottom line-things change-go with the flow!!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Today was my first exposure to the new board...I am all for change, but this took me by surprise...I haven't been here for over 2 weeks due to family obligations....I can say that I will now be spending more of my time actually sewing and playing with my vintage machines and not spending so much time here...I do know that with time and exposure I will learn to appreciate the changes, but for today, I am off to the sewing machine....
Old 11-09-2011, 04:00 PM

It may keep you young but it is making me older. I am just having trouble getting used to this site and I have talked to my friends that I told about it are not happy about the change either. It just isn't as nice I liked all the different choices we had to pick from. How to you post a picture etc. I am just not into it as much. I am sorry about the change. O am happy for the people who are glad and know how to navigate this new way but for me Not so Much!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Imagine my surprise when I returned to QB to find a whole new experience!!! Didn't think I was gone that long!!Change is hard, harder for some than for others, but I love this board, the people the information it's all great, so give it a chance and I'm sure in a couple of weeks we will have adapted and wouldn't go back for nothing, I intend to embrace the changes, and learn a little something while I'm doing it!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 PM

I think it is o.k. to change things, but tell us how to use it!!??!! I have yet to figure out how to see all those beautiful quilts that everyone makes.I am wondering if there couldn't be an index that we could find the things that endeared this Board to us. I must admit that I am really frustrated, as I enjoyed the Board so much--now not so much. And maybe this new Board is meant for the ones who are more technically intelligent and that is o.k. if that is the goal. I am not one of those.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

I think it is going to take a while to find things that we were used to having at our finger tips. We will have to work a little harder for the information we were used to.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 AM

There are things that I do not care for, but overall the new board is really great. Like everything else new, it will take time to get used to. I hope that everyone that has left or considers leaving will rethink. This is the best quilting board available. While this board was down, I tried to find another board, nothing compared to this one. The people make this board special.