Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-08-2011, 03:31 PM

I think my problem is that the folks who put the entire thing together, knew what they were doing. I don't. I wish I was more computer savvy.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by blimey View Post
I think my problem is that the folks who put the entire thing together, knew what they were doing. I don't. I wish I was more computer savvy.
That's my problem also. I think that it is great, but I don't even understand the instructions. I leave the board in tears everytime I try to figure it out. I don't have time to deal with it until evenings and that may be my problem, I'm just not thinking as sharply. One of these days I hope to have time to figure it all out. I was really hoping that a tips thread would be started with tips from members in non-tech terms. If that has happened, I haven't come across it.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Cool

I am slow at learning everything about the new board but I like it.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM

I agree with all above When we first came to this board It was as new then as it is right now. I admit that when I came on the other day I was confused but already just by wondering around I have found many of my haunts and I am finding that I am enjoying it Please remember before you leave that we are family here and as such we will help each other get through it just as always I love this group and I am not going anywhere else and would hope that everyone else will give it a chance. You don't desert family and friends with out trying to settle and solve the problem Patrice and other moderators thanks so much for all that you are doing.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM

It's easier than the first time I came on and discovered the change so I'm sure as time goes by it'll get easier and especially with help we'll find our way about. Thanks for the hard work. Sue
Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 PM

Dang, now I'm getting email notifications for every thread that I have posted on. I didn't intentionally ask for that to happen and can't figure out how to make it unhappen. I tried going to Settings then Edit Subscriptions then putting the thread name in the Delete Subscription box but that won't make subscriptions go away and still have to figure out how to stop it from happening with every thread I post in. Anybody out there have any tips?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi View Post
Dang, now I'm getting email notifications for every thread that I have posted on. I didn't intentionally ask for that to happen and can't figure out how to make it unhappen. I tried going to Settings then Edit Subscriptions then putting the thread name in the Delete Subscription box but that won't make subscriptions go away and still have to figure out how to stop it from happening with every thread I post in. Anybody out there have any tips?
Go to Settings (upper right corner of screen)
Scroll down and go to General Setting (left side of the screen)
Scroll down middle of screen until you get to a drop down arrow for Default Thread Subscriptions. You can choose how you want to be notified.
Hope this helps.
Linda
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Linda, Thank you! Don't know when I was on that page and chose the email notification, but I'm sure glad to be rid of it.
Bambi
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 PM

Go to Thread Tools at the top of the page. Click on Unsubscribe from Thread and you won't get any more notifications.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM

and when you just want to clean out the existing subscriptions...click on Setting at the top of the screen...right in the middle of the screen are all your present subscriptions...there is a choice in pale blue after each one that allows you to unsubscribe right from that screen... My Account >General Settings will get you to the right place to keep new ones from coming in...but this is faster to clean out the old ones...