Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Can some one tell me how to get back into old site and get the ones I saved in favorite? I am lost lol I have wrote 2 notes but still have no answer so only thing I knew to do was this thanks if any one can help Please!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by TnLady View Post
Can some one tell me how to get back into old site and get the ones I saved in favorite? I am lost lol I have wrote 2 notes but still have no answer so only thing I knew to do was this thanks if any one can help Please!!!!!!!!!!!
If you mean things you saved in Bookmarks, they are not lost! At the top, right corner of the screen (next to Logout), click on settings. Then, scroll down looking on the left side of the screen and you should see Bookmarks listed. PM me if you can't find it!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Even though change is hard work, we're not afraid of a little hard work!!! I appreciate getting VERY quick help from Patrice when I had a question...

And even though I haven't figured much out yet, I'll keep coming back.... still love all of you! I figure even though the technology is different, the folks are the same...

Happy quilting everyone!!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by amazon View Post
Change is never easy. This one is big, but I always try to see the positive side of things. So here goes-
#1 calendar,
#2 albums.
#3 that you can hover over these features - paper clip/attachments- click and see pic without having to open post.
#4 hover over envelope - able to see the gist of the post without having to open.
#5 able to see when someone is on the board. There are more things that are great, I just have to remember how I found them and get back to them. Anyone else found positive things about our beloved boards new facelift?

Well there are six things, lol. I like that we can add tags to our post.
I have been at Quilt Festival in Houston all week and just discovered our board has changed. Could you explain #3 to me - I don't understand the "hovering". Thanks!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM

First of all, I have to say that I feel very fortunate to have stumbled onto this board. I didn't lurk, but jumped right in because I wanted to have a few quilter friends. I joined and then was silent for a couple of weeks due to my mother going into the hospital. When I got back on, I was very confused because everything looked different. Then I started reading about the changes and realized that I was not losing my mind. If people are going to leave because of changes, I don't think they were too committed in the first place. So far, I have found a wonderful group of people here and I intend to stay no matter what changes are made. I am here for the information and comaraderie. Change is part of life.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Here's how I am dealing with the new board. I am forgetting that I was ever a member of a board and that I have just stumbled upon this one and am investigating and enjoying. Yes, I can't make every facet of it work for me, but neither could I when I first stumbled upon the "old" board (of ya, I'm supposed to forget that one....) but I learned that one and I will learn this one. Thanks for keeping the board alive, moderators, and bear with me while I learn.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltedCritterLady View Post
First of all, I have to say that I feel very fortunate to have stumbled onto this board. I didn't lurk, but jumped right in because I wanted to have a few quilter friends. I joined and then was silent for a couple of weeks due to my mother going into the hospital. When I got back on, I was very confused because everything looked different. Then I started reading about the changes and realized that I was not losing my mind. If people are going to leave because of changes, I don't think they were too committed in the first place. So far, I have found a wonderful group of people here and I intend to stay no matter what changes are made. I am here for the information and comaraderie. Change is part of life.
Well said, and I wish the best for your mother.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Although I am struggling with this new board, I am determined to stick with it. I struggled with the old format when I first joined but it was well worth it to stay the course. Thank you to the administrators for all you do. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 PM

I like the new look, but have found it difficult to find the things I am looking for and have had difficulty signing in and using links. I see some of those issues are being resolved, so I am happy about that! A little disappointed moderators felt the need to quash opinions (and the opportunity to change them) by removing all negative posts.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 PM

I'm gradually learning my way around this new site, and am happier than I was on day one. I do, however, miss being able to click on "unread threads." That made my life simpler. Sigh ... oh well ... change is good, I know ...